$70K boat = More rights at launch!!

Started by Judge, February 21, 2012, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge

Fished out of Grice's with my wife today looking for a leisure day in the warming weather.  Met a friend at the launch who brought his own boat and we fished for a few hours.  When we decided to load up he backed his truck in the water to load his boat while my wife held our boat and I went to get in my truck.  Two guys flew up to the launch in a new 21ft Skeeter with 250 SHO, wrapped with Yamaha wrap, two 10ft power poles sporting Reeves.com trailer.  His partner jump out of boat, backed trailer in water as my friend was pulling his trailer out of the water and I was waiting in my truck to back up my trailer.  He pulled right in front of me loaded his boat, never said screw you, excuse me or sorry I did not see you.  I guess if you have the nicest boat at the launch you don't have to have common courtesy.  Come on guys fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, your not supposed to be more pissed when you leave the lake than when you got there.  Just saying.....

Donald Garner

Thats a shame, we have a few individuals like that here in Central Texas too.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

DBrooke

Maybe his wife just called asking about that boat payment stub that came in the mail lo

We have them up here too and we get it from guys with 5-8 year old boats! They think since they paid all that money for the bigger boat than ours that they have right of way.
This section under construction.

beast96z

Got to my spot 45 min. before first cast last weekend and had someone pull in right on top of me five minutes before time. Asked him what he was doing, and he said he was going to fish the structure that I was there to fish. Told him if he wanted to do that, he should have been there earlier. I made my point that he was in the wrong, but he didn't seem to care. His excuse was that "he wouldn't be there long". Told him it didn't take but 1 cast to screw me. Still didn't care. First cast comes and he goes to fishing. Luckily the water had turned to chocolate milk and the fish weren't there. Totally rude and unsportsman like. Then he had the nerve to tell me good luck and it's "all mine" as he pulled off. If he would have been there when I pulled up, I would have went somewhere else. Can't stand people like that.

james john

U said Reeves Marine. Thats ur answer there. U dont even have to b good to have a boat from them. Free hand outs.  ~roflmao
Ranger Boat

S3 Powersports Fab Guy

bob_rugratz

If you cast it. They will come.

Fitzfisher

That's because of how nice you guys are down South, if he would have done that in the Philly area.... Well let's just say his windshield better be brick proof

copnjax

Fitzfisher......I'm from, and in, the south and I agree with you.  I ran a guy off from my spot during a tournament.  Well, he kept coming by the spot REAL close, buzzing it with his outboard.  He stopped once I started chunking a 3/4 oz. Rattletrap at him as he went by!!!  Like I said, I'm from the south but, I will NOT put up with anyone's BS.
Retired after 34 yrs. with Jacksonville P.D.  Now I have time to hunt and fish!

unchained186

You dont have to have a high dollar rig to be a stupid jackass I see them in $100 boats on up the list they have them in every shape and size and at every boat launch
As I have posted many times if you want to see the stupidest people in the world hang out a boat launch  If you want to see the most rude a22 holes in the world hang out at a boat launch

I have a ton of stories but a recent more common one I'm in the water waiting to get out its a one lane launch to guys pull up dead in the center right in front of the launch lined up to back straight in but the have 2 trucks with trailers backing  down the ramp they get out of the truck look around to make sure they are dead in the way and start talking and leaning on the boat will the other trucks jackknife to get around them to load there boats this takes a while they just lean on the boat and talk  the second boat gets out.    They walk from the boat to the truck get in the truck and no bull back up around 15 feet closer to the water get out and start unstrapping the boat The have been sitting there 15 minutes talking leaning on the boat and didnt do anything
It was crazy ignorant and everything thing else it looked so stupid you would think it was a candid camera deal becuase you have no choice to think no way one person is that damn stupid let alone 2 people that stuid goin through life with there head that far up there a22's
21XD Bullet 250 opti
1648 Grizzly 40 Merc
Wellcraft Eclipse I/O (fun)  Fisher 1536 25 Johnson Tiller

CliffL

One of my favorite campsites is in a cove right across from the public boat ramp. I should start making videos of the antics during the summer.

Please do not use Outdoor Hub Mobile, Please find and use TapaTalk for your phone
Fishin' with the wife and the dog.

bassadict69

Quote from: Judge on February 21, 2012, 08:39:41 PM
Two guys flew up to the launch in a new 21ft Skeeter with 250 SHO, wrapped with Yamaha wrap, two 10ft power poles sporting Reeves.com trailer.

Wonder if they were Reeves related or does Reeves put that crap on all their trailers? If it was someone from the Reeves dealership, their actions do not surprise me!

Shorthaired

My most recent situation like this occurred at Shady Acres on Caddo last year.  A tournament had just wrapped up and a couple guys were still pulling their boats out of the water.  I wasn't a participant in the tournament but came in and got in line waiting to pull my boat.  When it was my turn, some jerk with a super nice rigged jumped in front of me and then took about 30 minutes to load his crap up.  My boat motor and truck engine were idling to the side the entire time waiting for them to move. They removed all their rods and gear from the boat and put in the truck while blocking the entire ramp.  I finally was able to load my boat which took about 2 minutes.  I pulled up, loaded my stuff, and then tried to leave Shady Acres.  Instead of leaving once their boats were out, all the tournament participants decided to stick around and chit chat - parking on both sides of the road leading out of the camp.  They stood in the road walking back and forth and blocking the whole road.  You would think that folks like this would realize what the heck is going on and be more considerate - but I think we all get caught up in our own worlds from time to time and forget to extend the same consideration we want from others.

Mike Cork

I have seen some stories of winners myself  ~b~

Just wanted to post that simply because a boat is a skeeter, has a SHO, and a Reeve's sticker doesn't mean they completely represent Reeve's. Please keep comments fair. I know we all don't like one dealer or another for our own reasons. But when we (administration) see it we need to cut off any bashing. Thank You everyone for understanding.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Judge

Quote from: Mike Cork on February 22, 2012, 10:53:40 AM
I have seen some stories of winners myself  ~b~

Just wanted to post that simply because a boat is a skeeter, has a SHO, and a Reeve's sticker doesn't mean they completely represent Reeve's. Please keep comments fair. I know we all don't like one dealer or another for our own reasons. But when we (administration) see it we need to cut off any bashing. Thank You everyone for understanding.
Mike, I agree I was only giving the description of the rig, I have no idea who they were with, the partner was in a Centerpoint Energy truck.  I hope they read this site, they know who they are.  I saw no other indicators that they were associated with Reeves and do not want anyone to misinterpret my comment to be anything other than a description of the rig.  But if you see the rig at the launch get out of their way.

unchained186

Quote from: CliffL on February 22, 2012, 09:19:24 AM
One of my favorite campsites is in a cove right across from the public boat ramp. I should start making videos of the antics during the summer.
I have always told my friends that I want to start filming becuase if you tell someone about they dont believe you that some people will do stuff like that
21XD Bullet 250 opti
1648 Grizzly 40 Merc
Wellcraft Eclipse I/O (fun)  Fisher 1536 25 Johnson Tiller

tritonxhp3

In Reply to James John comment.... I have one of those free hand out boats from reeve's actually.. Reeves will tell anybody real quick, fishing success doesn't matter to them and it's not about how good you are as a fisherman. They want good people representing their dealership and want their team guys pushing skeeter boats, so dont be so quick to judge whether or not a person should have a free boat just b/c of his or her fishing ability.. Also All the team boats are wrapped now and have the Reevesmarine.com logo on the trailers.. The people that did this at the boat launch may have not even been associated with reeves marine. I say this b/c my team boat and another team boat were taken out by a couple Pro's and yamaha people to shoot a commercial so dont be soo quick to pass judgement.

duckcomando

As far as someone taking your spot on a huge lake (lol) fish a few McDonalds tournaments and you will see there are no so called "my spots". I have bever seen so many boats as one of those tournaments. If someone is in my spot I just get inline and fish with em.

FishinSteelersFan

If ya'll want to see some "stupid" behavior, come to the Teague or Stoner boat launches on 4th of July...if nothing else, it's entertaining!
Legend boats, Mercury ProXS, Kistler rods
www.LouisianaPoormans.com  Check us out, 100% payout EVERY TIME!

beast96z

Quote from: duckcomando on February 22, 2012, 03:10:33 PM
As far as someone taking your spot on a huge lake (Lol) fish a few McDonald's tournaments and you will see there are no so called "my spots". I have beaver seen so many boats as one of those tournaments. If someone is in my spot I just get in line and fish with em.
I wouldn't have the nerve to get in on something like that. Unfortunately, there were only 14 boats in this tourney, and there is a 25 yard rule. Not to mention flat out ethics.

james john

Quote from: tritonxhp3 on February 22, 2012, 02:13:38 PM
In Reply to James John comment.... I have one of those free hand out boats from reeve's actually.. Reeves will tell anybody real quick, fishing success doesn't matter to them and it's not about how good you are as a fisherman. They want good people representing their dealership and want their team guys pushing skeeter boats, so dont be so quick to judge whether or not a person should have a free boat just b/c of his or her fishing ability.. Also All the team boats are wrapped now and have the Reevesmarine.com logo on the trailers.. The people that did this at the boat launch may have not even been associated with reeves marine. I say this b/c my team boat and another team boat were taken out by a couple Pro's and yamaha people to shoot a commercial so dont be soo quick to pass judgement.

Either way it goes. Not good since they had the sticker on there and will b remebered that way.
Ranger Boat

S3 Powersports Fab Guy

tritonxhp3

Sounds like u just have a personal issue with reeves and I hate hear that. Because I don't judge mike Morgan Pontiac because a person driving a car that has their logo on it decides to rear end me at a stop sign... Just my pov

james john

Negative. I wouldnt have went with Darren in his FX20 to catch fish for there tank if i did
Ranger Boat

S3 Powersports Fab Guy

Judge

Quote from: duckcomando on February 22, 2012, 03:10:33 PM
As far as someone taking your spot on a huge lake (lol) fish a few McDonalds tournaments and you will see there are no so called "my spots". I have bever seen so many boats as one of those tournaments. If someone is in my spot I just get inline and fish with em.
You are right about that I have posted my frustration about my last McDonald's experience.  Those folks will throw a bait in the boat with you and really get you heated up.  BUT, you choose to put yourself in that tournament knowing there will be 4800 boats on one lake.  When you are at a launch with 3 boats you don't volunteer to be at the mercy of some yahoo with no manners.

tritonxhp3

You mean Derrick?? He has a FX21 and by the way he and Jeff holder are the only ones that have fished for fish to put in tank.. Also come to find out the 2 people in the $70k boat was Derrick and Jeff holder... Must be some kind of misunderstanding because neither of them would intentionally do this kind of thing.

Judge

2 judges loading their boats saw the same thing, I had to stop pulling out to let the Skeeter in front of me.  Just saying if your in a hurry ask to go in front, most people will say go ahead.  No misuderstanding just not paying attention and belief of entitlement