Jan Bassin & Happy New Year 2020 & Home Front Activities

Started by Donald Garner, December 31, 2019, 10:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone  ~shade

:toot: It's here the year 2020    ~c~ ~c~  Happy New Year to everyone  :toot:   

As the New Year begins I pray for everyone to have good health and happiness for you and your family.  I know there are several members dealing with this issue and hopefully this year will be a better one for you all. 

For me this year I'll be moving onto a new school.  Our new high school will open in Aug and I'll be the new Lead Custodian Supervisor there.  Its going to be a big challenge starting the school up from scratch but I'm looking forward to it. 

I'll be sitting out of the upcoming UBCS event on Toledo Bend.  I've used up my personal days already from work.  My partner Carl Johnson wedding anniversary is that weekend also.  I don't think his wife would appreciate him being gone on that day  :-\  ~b~    So I'll be checking out the story line results here on UB once it's posted ~read 

I'm again looking forward to the Fishing For Freedom event this coming Oct.  Its a great worthy event I just need to figure out where those bigger fish are at  :surrender:

To everyone enjoy this New Year's Day with your family and friends.  Be safe if your out traveling.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bud Kennedy

Just wanted to report that the inside Christmas decorations are all down, the tree and wreaths are all packed away in the attic.  The wife has to package up all the ornaments in zip bags and tomorrow sometime they will be moved to the garage.  New Years day brings in the first Garage Reorg of the year.  Don't expect to get it all done tomorrow but I may if all goes well.  Happy New Year to all.

Princeton_Man

Happy New Year All!

Don, Congratulations on the new school! New should mean fewer things breaking and more modern ways to deal with the things that do. Unfortunately, the Sweathogs will be the same.

You beat me to it Bud! I managed to put off taking down the outdoor lights until colder weather and high winds hit. Now I'm going to pay the price taking them down today.

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Happy New Year to everyone in the UltimateBass Family

We're starting the New Year with overcasts skies.   Our forecasted temps across Central Texas are 45-55dgrs with 55% humidity.

The wife is fixing pork chops, greens, black eye peas and fried cabbage for lunch today  :food   I'll be finding my way to my recliner after lunch to watch some bowl games and nap   ~shade

Jim; Tks buddy, Yep everything will be under Contractor Warranty for the 1st year  ~c~  I'll just have to call our School District Construction & Facilities Director and let him deal with the contractors  ~shade   You're right though the Sweathogs will find a way to tear things up.  You have fun and be careful taking those exterior lights down.

Bud; Have fun with the garage reorganization project. 

To everyone have a pleasant and relaxing first day of 2020.  Be safe if your out traveling back home today.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Lipripper

everyone and the  ~sun is out and right now it feels like 15* but suppose to reach 43* before the day is done.  ~c~ Hope y'all had a safe evening if you were out and about. Donald I know your excited to get started on your new adventure at the new school. I wonder if the new knot heads and little darlings will have some new tricks up their sleeves for you.  lo Don I watch several of the bowl games yesterday and will watch some of them today also more than likely. Bud glad you got all your decerations down. PM you be careful out there playing in the wind and standing up on your ladder . Rodney how you doing over your way and y'all get any more snow yet? We had just a dusting the other day but that will all be gone after the warm temps and the  ~sun hit it. SHC how's your shins doing today after your encounter at the restaurant. lo lo Well hope everyone has a nice relaxing day and be safe out there.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bud Kennedy

Major work detail underway at the Kennedy Homestead.  I decided that now was the time to do a major clean out and clean up of the garage. Made good progress so fa.  I had many sheets of plywood that has been neatly stored against the inside walls of the garage for about 15 years or so.  It is now removed and stacked in the driveway and a couple neighbors are stopping by to morrow to take it away.  ~c~ ~c~.  I am also creating space for a lot more of my fishing stuff so that it will be easier to get to and keep organized.  Should finish tomorrow or the next day if all goes well.  A by product also is the stuff stored in my man room will now have room in the garage.  The Mrs. also has some hoarding tendencies like I do and she seems to be a tad unsure about throwing out some of her plant stuff.  I think she has cornered the market on hanging pots or any pot for the most part.  She realizes she does not need it anymore but like my fishing stuff it is hard to part with her treasures.  I am gonna knock off for today and rest my old bones for the rest of the day and evening.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

We started the day off with over cast skies and a little rain  ~rain  Our forecasted temp for across Central Texas were 45-56dgrs with 87% Humidity.  It has since cleared off and looks to be a really nice day tomorrow.

It was back to work this morning.  The teachers and kids won't be back till next Wednesday.  My team worked in their individual assigned areas.  I spent most of my day in the office peddling around.  Tomorrow I will be  getting things lined up for the Special Olympics to show up Saturday.  Their basketball practices start at 9am > 12:30 every Saturday till the end of Feb.  The first Saturday in March they will start their Track and Field practice.

Bud;  Sounds as if you had a good productive day in the garage cleaning.  I used to have a place in the garage for my fishing stuff.  Its now been taken over by my wife's gardening stuff  ???  My rods are still hanging up on the peg board but all the Plano Boxes and other equipment bags are in the boats  ~shade  We have a Metal Storage building right behind the garage that is full of gardening stuff also :surrender:

Rodney; Hope things are going well for health wise. 

Lip; Whets happening up in your parts?  I hope things are going well for you also.

To everyone have a very pleasant evening and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for ya.

Lipripper

everyone and here's some fresh if you would like some. It's overcast and feels like 33* with the wind chill but no  ~rain ~rain or in the near future. For the most part it's going either North or South of my house. So far it's been a mild winter  ~c~ I'm sure we will pay for it later.  lo Rodney how you doing over your way and how's the old body handling this up and down weather? Bud sounds like you have been very busy with the garage clearing project.  ~sweat  Bud my wife sounds like yours I help her out though when she goes up to see our daughter up in Michigan I get rid of a bunch of stuff she forgot about that was stuck away. She has a bad memory and can't remember where she puts stuff at and if it's out of sight she forgets it . I take care of it for her when sh'e gone and she's none the wiser. The way I look at it if it's been in the same spot without moving for over two years then we don't need it and since shes not here to see me get ride of it she don't miss it.  lo Donald that's a good thing you do for the Special Olympics folks. Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there.

Bud Kennedy

Garage clean out has been completed.  For sure this is not a back friendly exercise.  I am now in a position to create a good storage spot for my fishing stuff.  Although traumatized the Mrs is throwing out some of her gardening stuff and that will also help.  I still have a bunch of rod tubes I need to cut up and haul out but that won't be done today.  For the first time in years I can actually get to all of my craftsman tool cabinets without having to move a bunch of other stuff.  Wife's car is now back in the garage and that too makes her happy.  Even the boxes of fishing stuff that was on the tred mill in my man room is now in the garage.  Gonna take a break for a while now.  I want to make 2020 files for my office and move the 2019 stuff to a file drawer.  So, all in all it has bee a good couple of days with today being a bit windy but temps in the 70s.  Rain tonight and tomorrow and then a cold front invades for a few days.  Everyone have a great weekend and for you guys that are still working time to go back to work on Monday if you did not return this week.  We need all you workers to pump of the social security fund and pay for our medicare.

Oldfart9999

Afternoon all!! Warmer than normal, showers, turning to snow tonight, up to 2 inches by tomorrow afternoon. I had the injection for the herniated disc Monday, the back is doing much better, the knee is still not right, I see the Doc Monday.
Lip, we got maybe a half inch of the snow, it's long gone now. It's been a weird winter but not unusual to have a warm winter after a cool summer.
Bud, always nice to have order and organization in life and in the storage, the only problem is you're making more room for the monkey to fill up.
Jim, you still getting out? When I went across my home water yesterday I saw a boat out, I think he was after after perch or walleye.
Donald, here it is, the third already, this year is flying by!!! lo lo ;) So this will be your last year working the Special Olympics?
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

topdsm0138

Happy New Year everyone. Been away for a few months with the military, but have a short 2 week leave, then back away till the beginning of March. Fishing should be good by then. Hope all's well with everyone.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Donald Garner

Greetings from Belton, Texas  8)

We had mostly clear skies with forecasted temps of 36-56dgrs across Central Texas today  ~sun

It was a slow day at work for me today.  My team worked in their assigned areas getting things ready for the return next Wednesday.  Tomorrow I start working 1/2 days on Saturdays till the end of April.  The Special Olympics start basketball practice tomorrow till the end of Feb.  Their Track & Field practices start the first Saturday in March and end the last Saturday in April.

Top; Welcome back home  ~c~   We're glad you back home safe with your family now.  Enjoy your time home with your family.

Rodney;  Glad to see ya back on line buddy.  Tks for the update on your back and knee.  Hope your trip to the doctor on Monday takes care of the knee pain.  I don't know if this will be my last year or not working with the Special Olympics.  They will more than likely follow me to the new school.  I have an excellent working relationship with these people.  We'll see if they follow me over there.

Bud; Mission completed good for you.  Yep all that bending and reaching does cause some lower back and shoulder pain. Hope you get to feeling better tomorrow.  You ought to take tomorrow off and relax.

Lip; Tks the LJ it sure hits the spot on these chilly / cold wet mornings  ;)  I'm with you on the getting rid of stuff.  If I don't use for a couple years then I more than likely don't need it  :)  My tools are different though  ;)  When I throw stuff away I have to wait till the wife is gone for a visit to Alaska  lo

Guys you all have a safe and relaxing weekend ahead.

Princeton_Man

Got all the outdoor lights and decorations down and stowed away without any trouble. I don't hang lights from the roof, only the porch railing and I can access most of that by standing in flower beds. Zip ties, staples,and  stakes are all easy to remove. Linda takes care of most of the inside stuff and will be working on that today.

It's going to be a busy morning, I bought a beautiful Pulaski Furniture curio in a local online auction on New Year's day and just pick it up between 10:00  and 2:00 today. Of course we have heard 100% chance of heavy rain all day today. I bought a couple large moving b!ankets and a large roll of plastic wrap from Harbor Freight. Sure wish I had an enclosed trailer. Thinking about it now,  I can probably rent a u-haul for the cost of the blankets and wrap.

Rodney, I spent Thursday after Christmas on Claytor. Beautiful day, we hit 68! Looked like the was a recent turnover,  there was still a lot of debris and floating garbàge. Found lots of bait, but no fish. We're still having a lot of fishable days with temps in mid to high 40s to mid to high 50s.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

Howdy from Central Texas  ;)

We're having a beautiful sunny day across Central Texas today  ~sun  Our forecasted temps are 42-70dgrs with 27% humidity  ~c~ 

The first day of Special Olympics Basketball Practice went well.  They have a new Point of Contact from last year.  We had a short meeting to get to know one another etc.  She liked the way things were ran last year from the support side of the house.  So nothing I provide on that part is going to change.

I made a quick stop over to church after work to replace the gym roof HVAC unit filters.  Monday when I was there not all of the filters had arrived.  I'd cleaned the ones on the gym roof and stuck them back in there.  I was notified that the replacement filters arrived this past Thursday.  Today it didn't take long to change them out so were all good to go for a while now.

:-* Today while at work I got I on UB and started reading some of the posting from back in 2005 till now   ~shade Wow pretty interesting stuff being asked back then.   ~read It was cool reading some of the postings I saw where some of the basic fishing questions that's being asked now were asked back then also   :help:

Stratos Buddy;  Mission Accomplished on the light removal project glad it went smoothly for ya.  Good luck getting that Curio home in one piece.  My wife bought me one several years ago for my military awards, hats and military coins I have.  Does the one you bought have a light inside of it?  They sure are a nice piece to have in the house.  They can kinda set the room off > Conversation piece <. 

A closed in trailer would have been nice due to the weather situation.  Even with the trailer you'd still would have had to wrap it up to keep the straps from marking it up etc.

You have a pleasant weekend whets left of it.

Princeton_Man

Don, yes it does have a light built in.

I called a local u-haul place first thing this morning and got a box truck. It made things much easier. Cost me $44. Add that cost to what I paid for the curio and it's still  about half the cost when it was new.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone

We're starting the day off with clear blue bird skies across Central Texas   ~sun  Our forecasted temps are 38-77dgrs with 66% humidity.  Its going to be a nice day here  :)

We're off to church here in a little bit.  Lunch for us today has yet to be determined.  I'm in for some Mexican food we'll have to see what the wife wants  :-\

There is nothing planned for the afternoon except to relax.  I might take in one of the playoff games but we'll see.

Jim; that's a really nice looking Curio Cabinet you picked up there.  Tks for sharing the picture with us.

Rodney; Good luck with your doctor's visit tomorrow.  Hopefully he'll be able to take care of all that pain you're having.

Lip; How you doing buddy?

Top; Have a pleasant visit with your family while on leave.

SHC; How you doing down your way buddy :-\

To everyone have a relaxing and pleasant Sunday with the family.  Be safe in your travels.

Bud Kennedy

With the first phase of the Garage organization project completed it is time for the next step (s).  I have a series of Craftsman rolling tool cabinets that are in need of sorting and consolidation.  Hopefully I will be able to gain some more space in the cabinets to allow one cabinet to be dedicated to fishing stuff.  Although I doubt one cabinet will be enough, ya gotta start somewhere.  Most likely I will need to add another cabinet or come up with alternative storage methods.  The back wall of the garage has a large extension ladder hanging on the wall that is no longer needed.  I am thinking if I get rid of the ladder this would enable the installation of a peg board system or perhaps wall hung cabinets.  Right now I am thinking perhaps a combination of the two but just not sure yet.  When the ladder is gone then the decision on what to do might become more obvious.  This will probably will be a good winter time project although it seems like organization alone will be the key to the next steps.  At least now I can get to my tool cabinets without having to practically unpack the garage.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

Another beautiful day across Central Texas today  ;)  Our forecasted temps were 36-64dgrs with 45% humidity.  We had lots of sun shining out across our area today  ~sun ~sun

I was kinda busy this morning for a little while.  I went over to one of our elementary schools to pick up our carpet cleaner that was loaned out back in Oct.  The Lead there forgot to call me to let me know she was done with it.  I had another Lead call me to seek my assistance in submitting a service order for a non operational toilet.  While there I set her computer up so she'd be able to find the service order icon faster.  The afternoon was spent updating the Teams Additional Cleaning Area Matrix.  Tomorrow has the makings of being a slow day also.  Wednesday the Lil Darlings & Knotheads will return  :surrender:

Bud; Sounds like you have a plan there.  That peg board works great for hanging fishing equipment up and baits.  If you get the chance to do that project you'll free up a lot of ground space and clutter.  Here's a picture of my peg board wall I used to hang my rods from.  When my wife had the garage built she had peg board placed on 3 of the 4 walls.  On the front wall I have all my hand tools hanging on peg board.  When I got home for good I went and installed shelving across the front and the left side section also.

Have fun with the Garage Reorganization Project.

Rodney; How did your Dr's appointment go today?  I hope it went well for ya and that you're feeling a lot better than before.  We have ya in our daily prayers buddy.

Lip; How have you been buddy?  How is your wife doing?  I hope she's better.  I have ya'll in my daily prayers also.

To everyone have a relaxing evening and a better day tomorrow.

Bud Kennedy

Fairly quiet day today.  Had some odds and ends to wrap up around the house and then took a load of stuff to the recycle center today as part of the garage re org.  Will likely do another small load tomorrow and keep up with a daily activity until all the stuff is out of here.  Temps to remain cool until the weekend and temps will return to the 70s but some rain is likely.  Planning on stopping by Lowes to look at another Craftsman rolling cabinet for the garage fishing stuff.  Would be nice to have the cabinet here when the temps warm up a bit although today it did reach the low 60s so not all that bad.

Mrs begins a new series of therapy sessions on Tuesday.  She is wanting to improve leg strength and also work on her balance.  I just hope she sticks with it as she had a tendency to quit when the going gets a little tough.  I have called her out on that and got upset with my comments.  She now agrees and will give this next effort her best shot.  I think some of her back pain makes her just want to give up from time to time and feel sorry for herself.  I am urging her to keep fighting and not give up. 

Oldfart9999

Good morning everybody!!!24 headed to 37 or so, cloudy all the live long day with mo precip. I'm be ginning to wish for winter, this is boring. Saw the knee Doc yesterday, since the cortisone didn't work he wants to try a relatively new injection, euflexxa, I'm not sure about the spelling but it's supposed to do wonders, it's only for the knees. Since the office doesn't stock it they have to order it, I'll get the call when it's in and go for the shot, if it works it'll be good for up to a year, I'm hopeful. Finally made it to the gym, no elliptical but did my upper body, it felt good to come back home without a backache!!! :) :) :)
Lip, how you be buddy? Are you still snow-less, we are, get a 1/2 inch and when the sun comes out it's gone.
Bud, I sympathize with Mrs. Bud, back pain is the worst, I know it's kept me out of the gym quite a bit, I hope she can follow her plan, the extra strength will help with the back and she'll be able to do more. It's why I do the gym, that and for my heart and sugar. She's going to need a lot of encouragement to keep it up long term.
Jim, nice looking curio cabinet there!!! Enjoy the warm weather, hope you can get some more fishing in.
Donald, nice looking rod wall there!!! Hope the little darlings behave but I doubt it'll last long real shame but it seems the kiddies have no accountability for their actions. Quiet here, spent about 6 hours realigning the trunnion on my table saw, it's a 20 or so year old JET contractors saw, I had a Craftsman saw before I bought the JET, the Craftsman just didn't have the power to handle the 8 and 12 quarter hardwood I was working with. The trunnion on the Craftsman had 4 bolts holding it to the saw table, loosen, tap on one to align and re-tighten, The Jet didn't work that way, it took a call to the headquarters to find out the right way. Of course after 20 years I forgot a critical step so nothing was working, I went to the web and could find just one description, a written one about how and it left a couple of steps out. I sat there and kept trying until I finally gave up and took a break, a 24 hour break, After Mass and b'fast I went back to it, with a clear mind I looked at it, the light-bulb lit up and I had it. :bang :bang :bang lo lo lo
Have a great day, be well!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Afternoon everyone and Rodney still no snow over here by my house just wind and a few passing  ~rain and no real cool weather either so far. Donald Diana is still up in Michigan with our daughter who is having a hard time with depression and her continuous back pain. Rebecca has been dealing with spine problems for years and has tried everything and not much helps. I talked to Diana yesterday and she said the rash from her shingles was going away but the pain on that side of her body is real bad and she can't move her arm without the shooting pain. Shingles is something I hope I don't get for sure. Bud sounds like things are getting squared away on your clean up project. I hope the Mrs can stick with the rehab. Sometimes you have to put up with the pain to get better. SHC how are thinks going down younder and your shins stop hurting yet. lo lo Hope everyone has a good day and be safe out there.

Donald Garner

Howdy from Central Texas  :)

Bright sunny day across Central Texas today  ~sun ~sun ~sun  We had forecasted temps of 34 - 67dgrs with 16% humidity.  We have a front moving through tomorrow afternoon its bring some rain into our area.

Not much happening around here today.  School will be back in full swing tomorrow  :surrender  The only good thing about this is it will be a short week  ~shade

Lip; Tks for the update on your wife and daughter.  We'll keep everyone in our daily prayers.

Rodney; Tks for the update on the doctor's visit.  Sure hope that the new shot will take care of the pain issue.  Sounds like you had a busy afternoon getting your tools realigned.  Sometimes we have to back off and take that break like you mentioned.  The problem for me is I'm really head strong and I hate it when I can't figure it out right then and there  >:(   There have been a couple times I backed off and woke up in the middle of the night and figured it out :-*  Glad to hear the problem was solved.

Bud; Good luck to the wife on starting her new series of therapy sessions.   I know about back pain and it sux.  You can do hardly anything when the back won't function properly.  Good for you on be there to motivate her in a positive way.  I hope things go well for her.

To everyone have a pleasant day tomorrow.  Hopefully it will be a better one.

SHC286

Y'all, I got a new phone. Decided it was also time for a new email address. So I had trouble signing in, but here I am! I believe I successfully created a new account, but I honestly don't know! I switched from iPhone to Android about ten years ago, now I'm back to iPhone and I'm getting reacquainted slowly.

I DO NOT LIKE THE IPHONE VERSION TAPATALK THAT I SEEM TO BE USING. I don't know what's up with these differences.

I quit my job. It was finally time. The town can't even afford to pay my severance, they're having to make payments to me. So I'll continue collecting a salary for a few months.

I met my replacement. First day on the job, he seemed to be regretting it. Asked me how everything got so messed up. I explained that elbow grease and determination can only go so far without money to fund the system. He said yeah, that's what it was looking like to him. He'd already heard all sorts of bad things about me. The mayor can't keep his mouth shut about former employees, and since a lot of stuff fell apart on my watch, he was blaming me. My replacement had figured out by lunch on his first day and told me he could tell none of the problems were due to negligence. So that's cool.

Hit a turkey on my way home from applying for another job this morning. Yeah, I stopped and grabbed it by its feet and threw it in the passenger floorboard of my car thinking this dude gonna fit perfect in the air fryer. That sucker WOKE UP! Scared the hell out of me! Luckily I hadn't even put the car in gear yet, so I just vacated the driver's seat and let that little Tom find his own way out, and he appeared perfectly fine. So glad he didn't regain consciousness at 65mph on these crappy state highways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bud Kennedy

Not much going on around here.  The Mrs had her physical therapy yesterday and it really did wonders for her.  She has already scheduled the next three visits.

Still doing daily garage clear out. Each day I take a little more stuff to the recycle center and plan on doing a little bit each day until it is gone.  I think about three more runs to the center should do it and then I have to do some more re organization in my tool cabinets.  I did order another Craftsman tool cabinet to go along with the others in the garage but this one will be dedicated to fishing stuff.  Each day the garage looks better and better so I am a bit energized to keep up the effort.

We got a run of warm weather on the way but unfortunately a lot of rain will be along with it.  Beginning Monday for 6 straight days the temps will be highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s and 60s  I'll take that in January anytime.

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

It was a pretty nice day across Central Texas today.  Our forecasted temps were 57 - 63dgrs with 57% humidity.  We got a front moving in and there's rain in the forecast for the next few days.  We need the rain so hopefully it will be getting some of what we need.

It was a quiet day at work has it was the first day back for the kids.  We're now back into our daily routine since school has started back up  ::)

Bud; Sounds like progress is being made on the garage project.  Which model of the Craftsman tool cabinet are you using for your fishing stuff.  I've never seen a tool cabinet being used for fishing stuff before.  When you get it all set up if you get the chance take some pictures and I'd be interested in see that set up. 

Glad to hear your wife had a positive day of physical therapy yesterday.  When's the next trip out with the Ranger?

SHC;  Wow is all I can say reference that turkey story  ~shade  Tks for sharing that with us. 

To everyone have a pleasant day tomorrow.  Be safe in your travels.