Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbburke

hahaha - I saw that post and it was swooped up fast :)
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on August 06, 2017, 08:57:14 PM
indeed sir, i did!!!  There is another prize coming too  lo

After throwing that 5.1 greenie I got from my dad i needed another for very limited applications......A Rig and big swimbaits.
I got something coming too. Kinda rekindled an old flame. Lol. I'm sure I'm gonna get flack for it too. Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 07, 2017, 04:20:26 AM
I got something coming too. Kinda rekindled an old flame. Lol. I'm sure I'm gonna get flack for it too. Lol

<")))>{

Of course you will.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 07, 2017, 04:20:26 AM

<")))>{

SV?

sometimes, we have to relearn lessons I guess  lo
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on August 07, 2017, 06:56:56 AM
SV?

The only SVs I sold are the Alphas SV, and the Steeze SV. And no, neither of them are making a comback.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on August 07, 2017, 06:56:56 AM
SV?

Lets just say, when he gets it, I will never back off from hell he deserves

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rockchalk06 on August 07, 2017, 09:10:00 AM
Lets just say, when he gets it, I will never back off from hell he deserves
You're telling me he went back to the Lews Super duty?? Lmao!!

rockchalk06

rockchalk06

I forgot to post this gem. Traded in my E6X 843 MBR and got a 2016 GLX 843 MBR. I can't say enough about how well this rod is built. About as close to a custom as you can get. Balance is amazing and the sensitivity is very close to my 7'3" PB rods. Dragging a 10" worm over timber felt great.

Rod loads so perfectly. 3/8 oz total weight is this rods honey spot! I've got my Exsence DC on it for now. Still not sure what reel is going on it yet.

cortman

Quote from: rockchalk06 on August 07, 2017, 09:21:52 AM
I forgot to post this gem. Traded in my E6X 843 MBR and got a 2016 GLX 843 MBR. I can't say enough about how well this rod is built. About as close to a custom as you can get. Balance is amazing and the sensitivity is very close to my 7'3" PB rods. Dragging a 10" worm over timber felt great.

Rod loads so perfectly. 3/8 oz total weight is this rods honey spot! I've got my Exsence DC on it for now. Still not sure what reel is going on it yet.

I have an 842 MBR GLX, and I have to agree with you- that rod is seriously something special. So lightweight and well-balanced, hooksets are fast, accurate and easy and the sensitivity is terrific.

rockchalk06

Quote from: cortman on August 07, 2017, 09:33:20 AM
I have an 842 MBR GLX, and I have to agree with you- that rod is seriously something special. So lightweight and well-balanced, hooksets are fast, accurate and easy and the sensitivity is terrific.

The 842 MBR is next on my list. I have the 852 JWR. Its great for deep water, but I'd love to  have a slower tipped 2 power for weightless plastics.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on August 07, 2017, 09:16:14 AM
Worse!

I definitely wouldnt say worse. Its one of the best from that brand IMO. But its for the 2pc rig anyways. Yall will have to just keep guessing.  lo

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 07, 2017, 10:09:20 AM
I definitely wouldnt say worse. Its one of the best from that brand IMO. But its for the 2pc rig anyways. Yall will have to just keep guessing.  lo

Nah... I'm done guessing, you are going to sell it off in less than 6 months anyways...  >:D... lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 07, 2017, 11:01:56 AM
Nah... I'm done guessing, you are going to sell it off in less than 6 months anyways...  >:D... lo

This one, probably not. Especially for what I paid for it. This was one of those reels that I really like for some reason, but turned it back in to BPS to get a Chronarch E.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 07, 2017, 11:06:30 AM
This one, probably not. Especially for what I paid for it. This was one of those reels that I really like for some reason, but turned it back in to BPS to get a Chronarch E.

Maybe... time will tell my friend... time will tell...  ;D

LgMouthGambler

Alls I can say is between me, Rock, and Joe. Guntersville is gonna be a reel fest.  lo Lotta money gonna be on that table for all to see,

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 07, 2017, 11:11:30 AM
Alls I can say is between me, Rock, and Joe. Guntersville is gonna be a reel fest.  lo Lotta money gonna be on that table for all to see,

Ya, couple of bills just dropped a few minutes ago

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 07, 2017, 10:09:20 AM

Don't tell me it's an ABU?
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on August 07, 2017, 03:45:18 PM
Don't tell me it's an ABU?

Why, actually, yes it is. A Gen 2 Abu for that matter.

Smallie_Stalker

Woo Hoo what do I win?  lo  I knew one thing for sure - I knew what it wasn't - a Kast King reel.  ;) ~shade

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on August 07, 2017, 03:55:11 PM
Woo Hoo what do I win?  lo  I knew one thing for sure - I knew what it wasn't - a Kast King reel.  ;) ~shade

Oh come on, what makes you say that?

Smallie_Stalker

Well, for one thing you said "This was one of those reels that I really like for some reason".  That evidence would hold up in a court of law.  lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on August 07, 2017, 04:08:53 PM
Well, for one thing you said "This was one of those reels that I really like for some reason".  That evidence would hold up in a court of law.  lo

I actually liked the Gen SX. Was a tough SOB, and felt good in the hand. Will make a good truck beater.

Smallie_Stalker

Definitely better than the Gen 3 version. Should do good for what you want.