Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Lipripper on October 08, 2017, 12:47:53 PM
That monkey has you on speed dial  lo lo
That monkey has a room at his house!! lo lo ::) Bet he makes money off it!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

caddyjoe77

~roflmao

monkey got me for some swim bait jig heads and quite a few varieties of swimbaits.  I think he works at tackle warehouse!! He tried to talk me into another SV103 but i was able to successfully resist!!

BeerMe

Lipripper

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on October 08, 2017, 05:20:32 PM
~roflmao

monkey got me for some swim bait jig heads and quite a few varieties of swimbaits.  I think he works at tackle warehouse!! He tried to talk me into another SV103 but i was able to successfully resist!!

This time but he's got your number.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Lipripper on October 08, 2017, 06:03:14 PM
This time but he's got your number.  lo lo

The lil guy made me think I need one for my 734. They make such great all around reels for everything
BeerMe

hubcap91

Been looking for a round reel for big cats and maybe musky. I got a Shimano Cardiff 400a for around $60 new. I hope it's halfway decent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: hubcap91 on October 09, 2017, 01:42:56 AM
Been looking for a round reel for big cats and maybe musky. I got a Shimano Cardiff 400a for around $60 new. I hope it's halfway decent.

I had a 200 that I used down here for inshore fishing, and it did quite well. It's actually a well built budget round reel for the money, and especially for $60! You got a really good deal.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

I went back onto Cabelas site last night. Wife said that I was allotted $250 to spend for my birthday since she didn't know what to get me. So, then having such a good sale, I decided to grab a few more things. Was gonna wait till Guntersville, but the price is hard to pass on. I'll get the new model when Christmas comes around. For now, I'll grab these and see which ratio works best for me.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 09, 2017, 05:21:52 AM
I went back onto Cabelas site last night. Wife said that I was allotted $250 to spend for my birthday since she didn't know what to get me. So, then having such a good sale, I decided to grab a few more things. Was gonna wait till Guntersville, but the price is hard to pass on. I'll get the new model when Christmas comes around. For now, I'll grab these and see which ratio works best for me.

<")))>{

Well......which reel?
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

hubcap91

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 09, 2017, 05:17:01 AM
I had a 200 that I used down here for inshore fishing, and it did quite well. It's actually a well built budget round reel for the money, and especially for $60! You got a really good deal.

<")))>{
Awesome! Glad to hear that from someone who goes through reels as much as you do. Thanks.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: hubcap91 on October 09, 2017, 06:25:40 PM
Awesome! Glad to hear that from someone who goes through reels as much as you do. Thanks.

Hey, I resemble that remark! Lol

<")))>{

cortman

caddyjoe77

Quote from: cortman on October 09, 2017, 08:57:01 PM
3-1 another Lews

try 3 more...all ratios....the guy has gone completely off his rocker  ~roflmao  I still remember the days when he said things about lews that can only be repeated in a boat!!  lo
BeerMe

SteveTX

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on October 09, 2017, 10:30:27 PM
I still remember the days when he said things about lews that can only be repeated in a boat!!  lo
My my older and wiser he is.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SteveTX on October 09, 2017, 10:36:34 PM
My my older and wiser he is.
To a point this is true. I have learned a lot about reels and the companies that make them, as well as all the parts that are in them. Surprising it is to know various things. But, it was still a really good deal. Lol

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler

The monkey bites are starting to come in.

<")))>{

lostboy45b

Well the monkey got me again. I happened across a helluva deal on a Lew's BB1 Pro. I am really beginning to hate that monkey!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Dobyns, Megabass, Lucky Craft, Daiwa, Lew's

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: lostboy45b on October 10, 2017, 03:02:09 PM
Well the monkey got me again. I happened across a helluva deal on a Lew's BB1 Pro. I am really beginning to hate that monkey!

Cabelas?

lostboy45b

No. An auction site that I made a ridiculous offer that was accepted.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: lostboy45b on October 10, 2017, 03:11:55 PM
No. An auction site that I made a ridiculous offer that was accepted.

New for 99.95.

lostboy45b

It was a $100 nib with free shipping. I had to take it lol

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: lostboy45b on October 10, 2017, 03:27:42 PM
It was a $100 nib with free shipping. I had to take it lol

Good deal.

lostboy45b

I figured I needed a new frog reel lol

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: lostboy45b on October 10, 2017, 03:30:32 PM
I figured I needed a new frog reel lol

Thats what I ended up getting, a frog reel. But then I got a few more.  lo Wife didnt laugh though.  lo  :'(