Need advice on a new rod

Started by comet93, August 25, 2012, 10:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet93

Today I went fishing with my dad at my local park, it's been raining all day but the fish were on. My dad had his two old rods with him that he loved. His All star im7 and a Talon with a G Loomis blank. So it started pouring and we ran into the car. The rods were right outside my door but I didn't seem to notice and shut the door on them. I broke them both. He was disappointed but not mad, but i want to make it up to him.  My question is since they don't make a Talon with a G loomis blank. Is there anything that feels similar to the Talon? Something that won't break the bank either. Thanks!

TNDiver

What is the max you would be willing to spend?  Have you looked for used ones on eBay?
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Mike Cork

I have several suggestions but a couple things first. What action and length were they? A loomis is not going to be cheap to replace new.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Jared LeBlue

Rod technology has come a long way on the last few years. There are a lot of rods out there today that are extremely sensitive and strong and are very reasonably priced. The best thing to do is take him to the store and let him find one thathe likes and buy that one. You will find plenty of rods in the $100 to $150 range that will be compatible to what he had.
Ardent Prostaff

comet93

It was "7 feet long Talon Excelleon, 48/8 if that helps.