Another Intro

Started by teamshrink, July 05, 2013, 09:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamshrink

Hi y'all,

I'm a new guy in Orlando, FL.  I'm a mid-lifer completely new to bass fishing. Any advice on how to shorten the "learning curve" would be much appreciated!

TS

Pacific NW Ron

Welcome to the site.  There is a lot of information and a lot of opinions available on Ultimatebass.  The members on this forum will treat you like family.   If you have a question about anything, just post it and you'll get lots of answers.  If you have a hint or an idea we would love to hear it.  If you have a fishing story to tell post it, we all love a good story.   As a site sponsor of UB, I have met a lot of great guys and gals on UB and they are all willing to help.  Good luck and enjoy the site. 
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Smallie_Stalker

Hey teamshrink. Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! It's great to have you with us. You have definitely come to the right place to get some new ideas and shorten that learning curve, so jump in wherever you feel comfortable and start asking questions. You might also want to check out the Florida section under Fishing Reports to get ideas on what's working around your home waters and maybe find a new fishing buddy or two.

In the meantime pull up a chair and make yourself right at home. If I can ever be of any help with anything please don't hesitate to contact me. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us. 

Once again, Welcome!
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

bassindude

Welcome to the site.  I for one could use a whole team of shrinks to tell me why Im still chasing these little green fish.  Just when I think I know something about it I feel like I know nothing.  Great site, great info, great people, however nothing compares to time on the water for learning.  Jim
Jim ><///'>><///'>

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: bassindude on July 06, 2013, 08:34:57 PM
Welcome to the site.  I for one could use a whole team of shrinks to tell me why Im still chasing these little green fish.  Just when I think I know something about it I feel like I know nothing.  Great site, great info, great people, however nothing compares to time on the water for learning.  Jim

Very well said  ~c~
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

LgMouthGambler

Welcome!

Shorten the learning curve? Sure. Read between the hours of 2100 and 0500. Fish between the hours of 0515 and 2000. Take the hour in between to shower, eat, and take a quick knap.  ~shade

~cf
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

West6550

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on July 08, 2013, 03:32:25 PM
Welcome!

Shorten the learning curve? Sure. Read between the hours of 2100 and 0500. Fish between the hours of 0515 and 2000. Take the hour in between to shower, eat, and take a quick knap.  ~shade

~cf

You too? Lolol

Welcome to the site man. I'm over in Lake Alfred, FL. Welcome to share my boat anytime.