2014 UBCS Rules and Regulations
The Eleventh Annual Ultimate Bass Club Shootout will be held April 12-13 at Pendleton Bridge Resort and Marina on Toledo Bend Reservoir. This year’s event will be hosted by the Lock Jaw Bass Club.
1. All State, Coast Guard, Federal, Parks and Wildlife Regulations shall apply at
all times. Violations of the above regulations will be grounds for disqualification.
2. Only Largemouth, Smallmouth, and Kentucky spotted bass (black bass) will
be weighed in. Toledo Bend - Black Bass must be 14 inches, and spotted bass
3. No more than 5 fish per team in the live-well at a time. When a 6th fish is
caught, one must be culled immediately. At no time can a dead fish be culled.
4. You must personally weigh-in your own fish as a team or individually.
5. This is a two-day tournament. Fish must be weighed on the day they are
caught, no exceptions.
6. Fish must be kept in a live-well or equally suitable conditions. Do not
transport fish to weigh-in on ice, every effort must be made to keep fish alive.
There will be a 4oz. penalty for every dead fish brought to the scales.
7. The Launch and weigh-in will be held at Pendleton Bridge Resort and Marina.
Trailering will be allowed. Those wishing to trailer will not be able to leave the
Marina until official launch time.
8. All contestants must wear a Coast Guard approved life vest when the boat is
on plane. If boat is equipped with a kill switch, it must be attached to driver
while boat is on plane.
9. No wake zone enforced at the launch area.
10. A contestant is not permitted to fish within 50 yards from another
tournament boat which is anchored or tied unless permission is granted. Good
Sportsmanship is required at all times.
11. Entry fee will be $35/person. Big Bass is included in this fee.
12. Entry fee MUST be paid by deadline; deadline for the 2014 UBCS is April 1st,2014. All fees must be received by midnight. There will be a late fee applied for any participants paying after the deadline of April 1, 2014. No entries will
be accepted after Launch on April 12, 2014.
13. You may obtain a refund of your entry fee until April 4, 2014. There
will be a $5.00 fee assessed on any refund requested. No refunds will be given after April 4, 2014.
14. Tournament hours are from safe light until 3pm Saturday the 12th and safe
light until 1200/noon Sunday the 13th. Launch should be 30 min before sun rise
each day based on weather.
15. The tournament will be held regardless of rain or shine.
16. Fishing will be done with a rod and reel and artificial lures only (pork rind is
acceptable). Each angler my only use one rod/reel at a time.
17. Contestants must be checked in 30 minutes prior to the tournament on both
days. Failing to check in will disqualify that team.
18. All applications for entry in the Ultimate Bass Club Shoot Out and the
determination of winners and right to awards are subject to the sole approval
and discretion of the Tournament Committee whose decision thereon is FINAL.
"Tournament Committee” consists of Jared LeBlue, Jimmy Brown, and John LeDoux.