Lake Jacksonville

Started by 2putt, October 01, 2015, 08:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2putt

Jacksonville is approx 450 acres. It's located 30 miles west of Springfield and 3 miles south of the town of Jacksonville.

Motor size is unrestricted with a 30 MPH limit. There is a $10.00 day use permit.

This is probably my favorite Bass lake in Illinois. I've been trying to get there all year, but with club tournaments, etc. didn't make it until today.

We got on the water about 6:30 and it was cold and windy. Water temp was 68.3. Air temp 42 degrees with wind around 10 to 15. Caught 2 keepers (15inch) in the first 10 minutes on a buzz bait. A couple more dinks then nothing for quite a while. We decided to move back into the creek channel and typical of every lake the last couple of weeks the bait fish were there, but the Bass were not. Can't figure that one out. It started warming up about 11:00 and so did the fishing. By noon the water temp was up to 70. We started to get a little action on soft plastics. Found my new favorite beaver style bait. It's called the Fuzzy Beaver by Riot baits. Actually found it a few weeks ago. Finished 2nd in our classic with that and a shaky head. Anyway, finished the day with 2 more keepers and several more dinks. Not a great day for Jacksonville but not to shabby considering the conditions.

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and looks like you had a good day. ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet