Powell Spinning Rod Question

Started by FlatsNBay, March 18, 2017, 04:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

Im going to pull the trigger on a new Powell Spinning Rod, possibly the Inferno Series or even a higher series. I will be using the rod primarily for small soft plastics such as drop shots, Shakey Heads and small finesse worms. My question to the Powell users is would the 6103M be the best power for those techniques or the 702ML? Also a little worried that the 2 power is like a noodle or the 3 power is too stiff? Help!!!

loomisguy

I've fished the 702 in the Inferno series a bunch. I really like it for the Ned rig and shaky head.
90% of the time I use a Bass X head in 3/16 with a Zoom finesse worm or a
speed craw and it handles it fine.
I'm sure it would be fine for a drop shot but I personally like a little shorter rod for that.
If I had to anything bad to say it would be the reel seat never felt very comfortable to me , but it wouldn't steer me away from the rod.

cortman

I have the Powell Max3d 712- 7'1 ML XF, and it is the perfect dropshot/finesse rod for me. Has a very solid backbone for such a light rod but throws those smaller baits with ease. Sensitivity is great as well. I haven't used an Inferno but that Max3D is a great rod.

FlatsNBay

Thanks guys. Exactly what I was looking for!