Does KaRu still make the vibrashock?

Started by ʇuǝɹq™, April 26, 2017, 08:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ʇuǝɹq™

And if so, does anyone have link to where I can purchase a few?

Lee Smith

Brent, I don't think they are in business anymore, somebody picked them up, but not sure that worked either.

I have found the NuTech Crazy Blitz has the same tapping sound, and the hook ups are better in my opinion.  I know I have beat the paint off many of the NuTech heads and they just keep getting better!

Here's the link to take a look: https://nutechlures.com/index.php/crazyblitz/1-2ozcrazyblitz.html

Also us UB in the discount block to get 10% off  :-*  ~c~

I promise you will be impressed with these, they are all I use now!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

rockchalk06

Quote from: Lee Smith on April 26, 2017, 09:00:15 AM
Brent, I don't think they are in business anymore, somebody picked them up, but not sure that worked either.

I have found the NuTech Crazy Blitz has the same tapping sound, and the hook ups are better in my opinion.  I know I have beat the paint off many of the NuTech heads and they just keep getting better!

Here's the link to take a look: https://nutechlures.com/index.php/crazyblitz/1-2ozcrazyblitz.html

Also us UB in the discount block to get 10% off  :-*  ~c~

I promise you will be impressed with these, they are all I use now!

I bought a half dozen for Table Rock and used them a ton. Didn't have any hookups, but as for the ticking sound, I can attest to that. I could feel it all the way up to the reel seat on a Glass rod.

What I noticed the most about the NuTech was how little effort it took to get it ticking. I was jigging them like a spoon in the middle of a bait fish ball and even a slow rise with the rod tip, it would tick.

Mike Cork

Lee is right, they had to sell or close the doors after fighting the patent stuff. The guy that bought it never figured out the right combination and KuRu didn't give it to them for the Vibra Shock.

I worked directly with Bo at NuTech to build the Crazy Blitz. You'll like it and as Bo said it has a better hook up ratio ~c~

Don't for to use UB at checkout.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

ʇuǝɹq™

Thanks guys, I'll give that Crazy Blitz a try. Ever since I've ran out of the vibrashock, I just haven't found a chatterbait that I like as much as that one.

Mike Cork

Quote from: ʇuǝɹq™ on April 26, 2017, 10:14:04 AM
Thanks guys, I'll give that Crazy Blitz a try. Ever since I've ran out of the vibrashock, I just haven't found a chatterbait that I like as much as that one.

I know the search!!!! You will be happy with the NuTech I promise. Be sure to order the 3/4 ounce as well. If you were like me I spent most of my time on the 1/2 ounce but Bo's rides a little higher at the same retrieve speed. You can slow down but I still had times I wanted to burn one. The three quarter ounce is amazing and the thump.... don't use braid if you have fillings in your teeth....

Cork's Reel Service

ʇuǝɹq™

Quote from: Mike Cork on April 26, 2017, 10:15:18 AM
I know the search!!!! You will be happy with the NuTech I promise. Be sure to order the 3/4 ounce as well. If you were like me I spent most of my time on the 1/2 ounce but Bo's rides a little higher at the same retrieve speed. You can slow down but I still had times I wanted to burn one. The three quarter ounce is amazing and the thump.... don't use braid if you have fillings in your teeth....

Awesome, thank you!

Dug

You beat me to it, Nate, I was going to post your website as well. 

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Mike Cork

Okay folks I have to man up and admit I was wrong here.

Karu Lures is still alive and well. I'm not sure what happened but there was a time I couldn't find them and it caused me to look elsewhere. I love the NuTech Crazy Blitz but in an effort to keep information as truthful as possible I must say that Karu Lures Vibrashocks are available, a quick search now reveals them. In past years I was not able to find them on the web but now they come right up.

Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

Mike tks for the update on KaRu Lures.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

bigjim5589

I went thru the same thing as Mike, and could not find Karu for awhile. I still have some Vibrashocks I had either won in contests here or purchased fr Karl when they were a sponsor here, and wanted to get some more. I think someone posted a message on here in later years about them, so was able to find out they were still in business at that time. But, I eventually lost track of them & had not seen them again until this thread. Good to know they' re still around.  ~c~
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Bass 24 7

Pretty sure I bought some last season(or 2015 maybe) and glad they are still around, I have good success and hate when the products I use get discontinued(this year small Zoom tube is gone  ~rant)

Buzbait88

KaRu is still around.  Its under new ownership, but the baits remain the same.  When the company was purchased someone else had already owned the rights to the old website so the new website is www.karuluresusa.com The vibrashocks are all made from the same mold that Karl used.  The skirts have been upgraded to the more modern hole in one skirts, but everything else is exactly the same.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

kadas

I know I was getting confused because I just purchased some stuff from them about a month ago and yes it is under new ownership but same products are available! ~c~