Let's start with saying Missouri should be closed for the season  ~roflmao

Time Fished: 1:30 pm-3:30 pm
Weather:
65*
Sunny with some clouds
10kn (wind gusts)
Water Temp: 59*

Let me say Suson was busier than Black Friday  ~xyz

No joke people every where!  Everyone was catfishing or trout fishing.  So I could move around a lot to work the lakes which sucked.

We took the misses 8 year old boy and I had to teach him some fishing etiquette lo As his like 2nd cast was right over my line  ~b~  Got him going and he was done with in a half hour.

I started with a Lunker Hunt jerk bait.  Retrieved it a few different ways....Started with a slow retrieve, then retrieve and pause and then a twitch twitch pause.

I moved on to a texas rig with 10' black/blue worm with curl tail, then a 6th Sense S glide, then a underspin (which got hung up and I lost) and then a swimbait.

Not a bite or a follower even.  This time around I didn't see any fish near the banks and the entire time I was there I saw only 1 trout caught about 12 inches.

Pretty frustrating outing!  We moved lakes at one point and as I am casting a family of 9 walk up behind me and then just stop to talk with their 7 kids  ~rant  At this point I was frustrated and I said let's go lo

It sucks being limited to lakes like this as they are convenient.  I also am learning as I go you can say with what to throw and the different seasons. 

Just gonna chalk this skunk up as a learning experience and on to the next one.

Some pictures for you as I can't make a post with out any

Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Wizard

They put several hundred trout in a week on specific days. The regulars catch most of them the first day. You can't catch bass because they are full of trout. Try a rainbow trout colored swimbait. The people that fish Suson and Bee Tree are meat fishermen. Any legal fish---bass trout, blugill, crappie or whisker fish is kept.

Wizard

the_huber_show

Quote from: Wizard on December 03, 2018, 11:12:41 AM
They put several hundred trout in a week on specific days. The regulars catch most of them the first day. You can't catch bass because they are full of trout. Try a rainbow trout colored swimbait. The people that fish Suson and Bee Tree are meat fishermen. Any legal fish---bass trout, blugill, crappie or whisker fish is kept.

Wizard

Ya I read that online.  I was going to try my hand at some trout but didn't get to the store to grab any bait/lures.

I can agree there mostly.  Although off Fishbrain any big bass I have seen are always released.

Mike Cork

With regular trout stockings going on, definitely use trout swmbaits and the like. I fished a lake out west that stocked trout regularly and we could catch bass on a white zara spook throughout the winter. :-* Had to work everything very slowely but we caught some big bass with these baits in the dead of winter.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

the_huber_show

Quote from: Mike Cork on December 03, 2018, 12:16:29 PM
With regular trout stockings going on, definitely use trout swmbaits and the like. I fished a lake out west that stocked trout regularly and we could catch bass on a white zara spook throughout the winter. :-* Had to work everything very slowely but we caught some big bass with these baits in the dead of winter.

I will have to see what I can find.  I don't have any trout color currently.  I definitely like this spot so I don't want to give up on it  ~b~ lo

Lipripper

Your in luck I put away my printer for the holidays  lo lo At lest you got out with the family and had a good time.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

the_huber_show

Quote from: Lipripper on December 03, 2018, 12:49:47 PM
Your in luck I put away my printer for the holidays  lo lo At lest you got out with the family and had a good time.

lo lo lo lo  Merry Christmas to me!  Thank you for that gift Lip

Yes it was at least good spending time with them outdoors