10hr update

Started by AB, May 06, 2006, 10:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AB

I can't believe I have 10hrs on this Etec already!  I had the dealer pull the info from the EMM this morning to make sure I'm not turning it too high.  Dang, 10:03:00 on the clock!  She's out of break in, and they gave me a print out with all the info on it.  It even has a pretty little bar chart showing my times at different rpms.  44.376% at 0-500 rpm, my other biggie is 12.084% at 3000-3500.  The chart does show me keeping my rpms between 3000 and 4000 most of the time, with only 1.272% above 5500.  It shows my max rpm as 5661.  What I love is that the last time I put gas in was the first weekend of April.  I ran it once per weekend and at least once per week after work since then.  I topped off the tank today and put 19 gallons in it.  Topped off the oil tank for the first time, I had to work to squeeze 3/4 of a gallon of XD100 in there.  Not bad at all!  What is real nice to me is that what I am saving in fuel and oil compared to my old boat is awfully dang close to making my payment every month! :o

I am very  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D with my decision on this rig! 

Blake R.

Good deal!! You got the 225 HO E-Tec right?

My bait is bigger than your bass!

Mike Cork

It is absolutely awesome that you have fallen so in love with your rig, I know the feeling ~c~

You must have some serious control, those numbers are amazing concidering what you have the potential of hitting with that rig. I am afraid I would have been to anxious and done been there :roll2:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

AB

Mike, I am finding my wallet having more and more control over my driving style... lo  I'll open her up if someone wants to play, but I know I'm getting great mileage at 4500 or so, so I try to keep it there most of the time... lo  Even then I'm at 54-55mph and a very comfortable ride, it's nice to just cruise around sometimes.  I was floored when it took less than a gallon of oil for 10hrs operation and most of that was in her double oil break-on mode.

Yes Blake, it's a 2006 225HO Etec on the back of a 2006 Stratos 201ProXL.  The salesman at the dealer kinda chuckled when I told him what speeds I was hitting...Until I turned the gps on and showed him...  ;D

hesjustbassin

The more I see about that E-Tec the more I'm won over by it.
'Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting the different results' Albert Einstein.

topcat

Way to go awesomeBullet you are keeping  it in tip top condition....the numbers are awesome....don't forget the challenge.....

Topcat