Underspin Jigs

Started by bigjim5589, September 25, 2019, 09:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjim5589

Tied up some jigs for Crappies & other panfish. I know that many folks here also enjoy fishing for Crappies or other panfish so thought I would share these.

I was just experimenting with some materials, had no specific ideas when I started, but they came together  pretty good.  :)
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

bigjim5589

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

SteveTX

Bladed roadrunners. They look great  ~c~

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

scottrowell

They look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Looks great Jim. I'm going to needing some more roadrunner before next spring when would be a good time to get my order in. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

bigjim5589

Thanks folks for the comments!  ;D

These are fun to use and to make, although are a bit time consuming for a small lure. So many ways that they can be dressed and they work well with plastic baits also. I usually paint a two color eye on them, but went with the single black dot, or no eyes on the darker heads.

I have the molds for 3 versions of these heads, one has a lead barb for plastics, one has a ball collar for tying hairs or feathers and one, what I used here, has no collar. All are available from Do It Molds, and can be very useful depending on what you like to fish with. I used Eagle Claw gold size 2 Aberdeen hooks to pour these jigs.

Some of the body materials that I used was found in a craft shop, or I bought online from a craft store.

Great lures for Crappies & other panfish, and bass will grab them too!  ;)

Lip, I'll send you a PM.  :)

Smallie_Stalker

Good looking stuff as always Jim.

I sure miss being able to fish lead. It made things so much easier and a lot less expensive.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

Those will make great crappie baits here in, especially the pink ones :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

bigjim5589

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on September 26, 2019, 03:42:12 PM
Good looking stuff as always Jim.

I sure miss being able to fish lead. It made things so much easier and a lot less expensive.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thanks again for the fine comments!

Smallie, you need to do what I did & move south!  lo

Mike, funny you say that about pink. I've done well with it over the years too, and not just for Crappies. Seems some guys have a phobia about using it. Pink & white has been a great combination too.  :)

Oldfart9999

They look good also Jim, I think we'll have to talk before next spring. lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.