Previous topic - Next topic

Bassgambler

Lake Amisted, TX  (FEB)
Lake Powell, UT (APR)  :)
Lake Havasu, AZ (APR)
Lake Pleasant, AZ (APR)
Grand Lake, OK (APR)
Table Rock, MO (APR)

Next years divisional will be at Lake Powell the second week of May.

What does everyone think?

Jeff Jones

Might want to throw Alan Henry in the mix for consideration.  Early can get you a big one!

Maybe Ute also, hear it is fishing well.

giggyhead

I would like to go to Lake Amisted!!!  Worth the drive!!

greg25

I have to second Amistad!  A 12 hour drive from the center of the state and arguabally the best bass fishing in the world.  With the quality of fisherman we have in Colorado the three day state tournament in late February through March, should take upwards of 80 pounds in 15 fish.  Del Rio has excellent accomidations and the entire town really cators to fishermans needs.  With the recognition Amistad has gain since the "Battle on the Border" I truely belive there would be an excellent showing in terms of numbers of participants.  Speaking for myself as someone who doesn't normally fish state tournaments, I wouldn't miss it!    

Bassgambler

Mr President,

Where do we stand on next years choosing of the tournament location?

Let's use our chat room and have all clubs join in and start planning.

Lake Amisted in February. OH YEAH! BIG FISH.

Plus we will be getting out of Colorado during the cold and almost be in Mexico.

Mas cerveza por favor.

giggyhead

Sean Hinton

There's a couple of things The Colorado Bass Federation Nation needs to look at.

1.  STQT format.  do we stay with the one tournament or Multi tournament. If we go to a multi tournament format long travel is out of the question.

Looking at the 2007 Schedule of events:

1.  Six man team regional tournament is in February. 

2. Qualifying for the 2008 Six Man.  Multi or single tournament format.

3.  STQT for the 2008 Multi or single

4. Western Divisional at Lake Powell May 7 Thur 11 2007

As we can see there's a lot of event's to attended and to think about?

Jay McMillan

I've got to second Sean's comments. Lot's of events to consider. We need to be careful about scheduling a STQT in February, remember that will be the first regional 6-man tournament. If we send 6 teams, chances are many of those guys would want to fish the STQT also. Having a STQT and 6-man regional tournament, all in February, would be streaching everyone's fianaces and time off work.

Sean want's to hold the first tournament committee call on May 31 at 6:30pm. let's give some input back to him if that will work.

Thanks for everyone's help !

Allen

My thoughts....on many subjects

State Qualifier format......one tournament format like we have been doing.  I've said it many times, we should concentrate on the western lakes if we can.  We fish divisionals on western water, why not fish state qualifiers on western waters?  Just my $0.02.  :-*

State Qualifier location....Lake Powell in April....why not fish where we can help out next year's state team?  Plus it's a darn good fishery.  The only thing I will agree on with Lake Amistad it is comparable distances for everyone.......the end of the earth is about the same distance for all! (971 miles from Denver, 969 miles from Durango).  Or we could throw in Lake Guri....4,213 miles from Denver, 4,319 miles from Durango.....but I hear they catch HUGE bass there.  :o

2008 - 6 Man team format.....I'd like to see a multi-tournament format, BUT let's face it, we have a hard enough time putting 6 teams together from the state.  We are also faced with a drastic increase in travel expenses.  I would vote on a single  two day tournament, one day official pre-fish.

Sean Hinton

Mike Garrett

While I would love to go fish Amistad I think we need to decide on the format first.  My personal choice is the present (1 week) format; however, we are starting to hear more and more support for a series of weekend events by those who cannot or do not want to take a week off to go fishing. 

Amistad is certainly more than 12 hours away.  Gas prices will come into play too.  Add to that the Federation Nation Six Man Team thing there in February, it would seem this probably isn't going to be the best choice for us. 

Grand Lake was fun, there were lots of fish caught, and now many of us know the lake better.  Same with Table Rock.  Reports I have been hearing is that Allen Henry isn't all that good any more.

Since I have taken myself off the list of potential anglers for the six man team thing, I will not be attending the fourth quarter meeting at Navajo when this is going to be discussed.  Pikes Peak will have three reps attending the meeting who can vote for our club.

Not sure how many from Pikes Peak Bass Masters will be participating in the Six Man Team event.  Several of those who were most interested say they will not go if there isn't a blind draw.  Initially, there was enough interest for two teams from our club.  I still would like to know the costs involved with the divisional qualifier and then the nationals.  Looks like it would be at least a $4,000 per person commitment should a team make it all the way in addition to two full weeks away fishing these events.
PPBM Fed Rep, Past Pres

Mike Garrett

While cute names are nice, would be even better if we knew who was posting.
PPBM Fed Rep, Past Pres

Greg25

Allen Henry contributed more sharelunkers (13+ pounds) to the Texas program in 06, than any other Texas lake. Took 50 pounds to win a 2 day tournament the first days of April and the spawn hadn't even kicked into gear yet.  Between April 13 and April 24, Five bass weighing over 13 pounds were caught out of Allen Henry.  Fishing seems rather good to me.