3/15 "Secret Lake"

Started by FishaHallic, March 15, 2021, 04:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishaHallic

Finally got myself to wake up and go fishing.  It was semi dark when I launched and within the 1st 5 minutes I caught a fish which I was hoping was a good sign.  Got only 1 fish at my 1st 2 spots on this           "Not so straight Lake"  hint, hint  ;D.  Went  to my 3rd spot and started getting more action and caught my 2 biggest and 19" and 20" on a hbf, and ended up with 5 or 6 from this spot.  The rest of the day I only picked up a few more.

The bass were biting funny in the morning, almost like a gar would hit by charging my frog and swiping at it and then I would move it again and they would swipe it and miss.  I miss several fish doing this to me and so I slowed down a little more after the hit and then they took it.  Caught fish on the hbf, skinny dipper, senko and my first fish on a speed worm (dink) and had several misses.  It was kinda funny when I was getting most of my hits in this one area and I looked down on my deck and I had 5 different baits, all of them of that Kissimmee combo of dark blue with blue tail or some sort of blue baits including a lizard, skinny dipper, senko,  speed worm and an easy swimmer.  I think today is the first time catching fish on these colors which is good since I am over stocked on some of these baits and I want to weed thru them some.

All in all a good day for me with about 10 or 11 fish caught but a few too many misses.   All fish caught in 5' or less.
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

big g

Thanks for the report!  Sounds like it was worth getting up early. ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FlatsNBay

Nice job figuring it out.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

FD

"Not a straight lake", that's funny.  I drive by that "squiggly" lake on my way to work when my jobs are south of Tampa...

It can also be an extremely difficult lake to figure out.

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment.    FDx Custom Rods.   CPFLURES.COM

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

FishaHallic

Thanks guys, it's nice when I change things up and it works.

I love Crooked Lake, it can be tough like any other lake but it sure is a pretty lake with not many boats out during the week.
17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

FishaHallic

TRUTH MATTERS

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FishaHallic on March 16, 2021, 05:34:25 PM
Thanks guys, it's nice when I change things up and it works.

I love Crooked Lake, it can be tough like any other lake but it sure is a pretty lake with not many boats out during the week.

It's very rewarding when one's fishing strategy changes and the end result are nice catches. Wtg!!