2022 03 05 Gunterfsville (TN River)

Started by coldfront, March 06, 2022, 09:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldfront

for the portion that is inside TN.
Out Saturday and Sunday working on breaking in the new mercury 4-stroke.  In that 'next 10 hour' phase where I'm not running over 4500 RPMs...
Main river was rolling as they're spilling water up/down the TN river system.  81,000 cfs was TVA rate out of Nickajack dam.  Water clarity was slightly stained with about a foot of visibility.Mainlake/river temperatures were 53°F - 54°F.  Downriver just a bit in some of the sloughs it was 60°F - 62°F.
Active fish were in the clearer water (visibility at 2-3 feet).  along weed edges (primrose).

Not a lot of them.  Nothing big, but just a good sack of 2.5 - 3.0 pound fish.  Great condition (lots of weight for a short body).  wasn't sure how much they weighed, just know they were solid as I boatflipped them.  weighed the smallest just to check:  2.5 lbs.

found mine on soft plastics.  moving.  a few on a keitech swimbait/flashy swimmer.
WINDY at about 15 - 20mph out of the south.  made for some pretty rough boating with standing waves and whitecaps on a fast-flowing river.