Broke in the Sierra Flipping Stick today!

Started by Capt. BassinLou, July 27, 2022, 04:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

It was a pitching bite today, and I enjoyed breaking in the Sierra 765 flipping stick. Managed to stick a few bass with it, and gotta say, I like it!! Looking forward to fishing with this rod a lot more. ;)

Donald Garner

You got the right setup for the work you put in today.  Congrats on another successful outing and of course tks for sharing the picture with us  ~c~ ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

chrisD46

I have the Sierra 733c. , 734c. , and 735c. rods - the Sierra 765c. is next on my list ... I also have the Sierra 702s. and 703s. spinning rods which ar equally great . *The Sierra series really lends themselves to braid + leader set ups due to the slightly softer / parabolic tip sections versus the other more expensive series Dobyns rods with slightly stiffer tips.

BassmanRudy

Good stuff!! The 5 powers have Plenty of power more towards the Heavy side than a MH.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Donald Garner on July 27, 2022, 07:29:17 PM
You got the right setup for the work you put in today.  Congrats on another successful outing and of course tks for sharing the picture with us  ~c~ ;)

Thank you Donald

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: chrisD46 on July 29, 2022, 07:52:19 AM
I have the Sierra 733c. , 734c. , and 735c. rods - the Sierra 765c. is next on my list ... I also have the Sierra 702s. and 703s. spinning rods which ar equally great . *The Sierra series really lends themselves to braid + leader set ups due to the slightly softer / parabolic tip sections versus the other more expensive series Dobyns rods with slightly stiffer tips.

Yeah, I went with the Sierra line for all of our guiding rods in both bait casting and spinning. You hit the nail on the head with the slightly softer tip. The Sierra is a great series. My client have enjoyed the rods, and I have enjoyed fishing a lot with them as well.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: BassmanRudy on July 29, 2022, 11:10:58 AM
Good stuff!! The 5 powers have Plenty of power more towards the Heavy side than a MH.

Thanks! I enjoy fishing with 5 powers. They stick bass well!!  ~bb ~bb

Masterbasser45

I have then 735 Sierra I bought for frogging. I read a lot of people say the Sierra line has a softer tip and is not good for bottom contact. I see some are using these for bottom contact.

Im curious how they would do for T-riggs. Im running a 734 Sierra for my chatterbait rod.
"Don't be a dumb Bass"

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Masterbasser45 on August 01, 2022, 09:33:20 PM
I have then 735 Sierra I bought for frogging. I read a lot of people say the Sierra line has a softer tip and is not good for bottom contact. I see some are using these for bottom contact.

Im curious how they would do for T-riggs. Im running a 734 Sierra for my chatterbait rod.

I run the with the 734 for my bottom contact rods, they have been serving me well for that application. The Sierra does have a softer tip, but not by that much.

Masterbasser45

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on August 02, 2022, 04:33:20 AM
Quote from: Masterbasser45 on August 01, 2022, 09:33:20 PM

I run the with the 734 for my bottom contact rods, they have been serving me well for that application. The Sierra does have a softer tip, but not by that much.

I have to try it for more bottom contact baits. 734 is a very versatile rod. I like the color scheme and build of this rod.
"Don't be a dumb Bass"

chrisD46

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on July 29, 2022, 12:59:24 PM
Quote from: chrisD46 on July 29, 2022, 07:52:19 AM
*Thats awesome that you use the Sierra series with clients - I love every one of my Sierra rods !!

Yeah, I went with the Sierra line for all of our guiding rods in both bait casting and spinning. You hit the nail on the head with the slightly softer tip. The Sierra is a great series. My client have enjoyed the rods, and I have enjoyed fishing a lot with them as well.

Hobious

I'll get this rod one day.  but I am at the point I will need to unload a few first.  it is getting crazy in my garage.

BassmanRudy

Quote from: Hobious on September 26, 2022, 07:16:18 PM
I'll get this rod one day.  but I am at the point I will need to unload a few first.  it is getting crazy in my garage.

^^ shhhhh don't let anyone hear you say that!! I can understand you though. I just moved here and packing up all the rods I had was crazy! Had to borrow some rod tubes.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com