Built a new rod rack

Started by Dark3, February 18, 2023, 07:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark3

Holds 10 combos for a little bit of room to expand. Easy peasy, Home Depot+Hobby Lobby. Being a tackle enthusiast and things needing to be inside here in the winter due to the extreme cold, I thought this would be a neat display. In the summer most of this stuff will be in the boat in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BassmanRudy

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

J.W.

Looks good man! I keep trying to talk my wife into letting me turn our office into a reloading and tackle room. I'd love to have something like that on the wall. Good work.

Princeton_Man

Looks good, Dark! If you plan on keeping the reels mounted over the Winter, you might consider putting Reel Gloves on them to help keep the dust out. I try to keep them on mine thought the year when I'm not fishing, that's hard to do during the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

ike8120

Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Donald Garner

Great job on the construction.  It looks great mounted on the wall there.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

I like it!

I seem to recall you building a similar rack with maybe some pegboard to hang some baits back some years ago. Or am I thinking of someone else maybe?

Either way this looks good.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

apenland01

Are you going to make a ladder next, so you can reach them mounted on the ceiling???  LOL, it looks great!

Dark3

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on February 19, 2023, 12:30:53 PM
I like it!

I seem to recall you building a similar rack with maybe some pegboard to hang some baits back some years ago. Or am I thinking of someone else maybe?

I did! Its a similar design to that.

Dark3

Quote from: apenland01 on February 19, 2023, 01:47:55 PM
Are you going to make a ladder next, so you can reach them mounted on the ceiling???  LOL, it looks great!
LOL. It's actually at the top of an entry way to the house, just looks high up from the bottom. My wife is kind.

Dark3

Quote from: Princeton_Man on February 19, 2023, 08:43:33 AM
Looks good, Dark! If you plan on keeping the reels mounted over the Winter, you might consider putting Reel Gloves on them to help keep the dust out. I try to keep them on mine thought the year when I'm not fishing, that's hard to do during the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Thats good advice! I have reel/rod gloves for all of my combos. My thinking was kind of opposite, display some of my nice stuff over the winter where I can see them, and play around with them while Im cooped up lol, and keep them protected while in the boat.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Dark3 on February 19, 2023, 02:57:33 PM
I like it!

Thanks. My memory's not what it used to be so the reinforcement is appreciated.

Looks like you switched from right hand to left had baitcasters.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Dark3

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on February 19, 2023, 04:11:27 PM
Quote from: Dark3 on February 19, 2023, 02:57:33 PM
I like it!

Thanks. My memory's not what it used to be so the reinforcement is appreciated.

Looks like you switched from right hand to left had baitcasters.

Great Memory! I think that was around 2014-2015 time frame. Im honored that you care alot about what we are doing on here. I did recently switch over so all of these are new aswell. I tried to switch in the past and failed but Ive decided to go all in. Water is still hard here so I havent been out with them yet. I was at the store and I picked up a cheap left hand combo and was playing around with it and it was like a revelation how good it felt palming and working the tip with my smart hand. I knew I had to give it an honest effort to switch. The way I used to think about it is now flawed imho. I used to think, I want my motor skills for cranking/reeling but ignoring the importance of rod action. My left hand is an idiot. Also sometimes during hooksets I would find myself literally yanking on the handle paddle with my right hand, turning the reel sideways and stressing it.

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.