Everglades: Marshlands 5/5/23

Started by Capt. BassinLou, May 05, 2023, 04:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Fished the Marshlands today. Launched close to sunrise. The water levels were pretty high, but fortunately, my launching spot was dry.

On my very first cast with a frog, a nice bass exploded on it right as the frog touched the water. I reeled in the slack, set, nothing but air. :(

Thinking the frog bite was going to happen, I quickly realized that was a one and done fish.

Fished for a while without a sniff. Moved into the flats, began catching a bass here and there.

The here and there pattern continued for the rest of the outing. I called it around 2 pm. Ended up boating 22 bass. No big ones today, but I had fun.

Thank you for reading!

big g

Thanks for the report Lou.  Glad you had some action.  Went to holiday today to check the new ramps.  They look nice.  I thought they might have some grills and tables out there, but no grills anywhere.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on May 05, 2023, 05:14:38 PM
Thanks for the report Lou.  Glad you had some action.  Went to holiday today to check the new ramps.  They look nice.  I thought they might have some grills and tables out there, but no grills anywhere.
Thanks. The ramps out of  Holiday will suit you well. Plus they are really close to you. 

FlatsNBay

Looks like the swimbait is back in the rotation. Nice job.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on May 05, 2023, 06:15:03 PM
Looks like the swimbait is back in the rotation. Nice job.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Thanks Steve. The swimbait was never taken out of the rotation.  ;) ~shhh

FLStorm

Great report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donald Garner

Tks for sharing the trip and those pictures with us.  Congrats on another successful outing  ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard