Has anyone tried the megabait charlie swimbaits????

Started by -Shawn-, July 08, 2007, 11:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Shawn-

They are from extreme lures one of our sponsors.  I just ordered six of them.  In the video on there web site they look like they have a great action.   ;)

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: shawnrg33 on July 08, 2007, 11:41:53 PM
  They are from extreme lures one of our sponsors.  I just ordered six of them.  In the video on there web site they look like they have a great action.   ;)

I think they are great baits and one of our very own "Papa" loves them and if you ask nice I bet he could tell you a thing or two on how he uses them.  I did here him say a time or two that he wished they held up a little better.  I've watched him super glue a few back together.   lo

-Shawn-

-Shawn-

bass1cpr

They have supposedly made soem improvements in the Charlie so they don't tear up as easy. I was told that they are brinning back the LA Slider swim bait also.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

BIG PAPA

Quote from: shawnrg33 on July 09, 2007, 08:28:04 AM
  PaPa , I am all ears.  :)

Awsome bait if you have the money to replace them very often :'( I catch lots of Bas on them in tourney's but do not use them much just fishing because the tear up so easy. Early in the morning I wake them and catch lots of good fish on them that way, I also just reel them in like a normal crankbait. If you have Jackfish in your lakes you will need to order them by the dozen :bang Regardless of what they tell you on the site they are very fragile, but now that they have fixed the hook problem at least the hooks hardly ever pull out. The bills will break almost anytime you hit anything , tree, dock etc.
papa

-Shawn-

Quote from: papa on July 09, 2007, 02:05:56 PM
Awsome bait if you have the money to replace them very often :'( I catch lots of Bas on them in tourney's but do not use them much just fishing because the tear up so easy. Early in the morning I wake them and catch lots of good fish on them that way, I also just reel them in like a normal crankbait. If you have Jackfish in your lakes you will need to order them by the dozen :bang Regardless of what they tell you on the site they are very fragile, but now that they have fixed the hook problem at least the hooks hardly ever pull out. The bills will break almost anytime you hit anything , tree, dock etc.
papa
Nope no jackfish on this side of I 35.  I am sure they will get tore up at Fork though.  :(  Most of the time I will only be throwing them in tourneys .   Thx for the help!  :)

Quote from: bass1cpr on July 09, 2007, 01:19:45 PM
   They have supposedly made soem improvements in the Charlie so they don't tear up as easy. I was told that they are brinning back the LA Slider swim bait also.

Yep the sliders back.  ;)