Big Bass

Started by #1bassmaster, October 05, 2008, 09:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#1bassmaster

Use a plastic worm colored purple with white streaks with 3 hookes.Make sure you have tied a good knot and have a strong line because i  gaurantee to get a good size bass or bluegill on one of the first casts as long as you reel it in slowly butt not to slow.today i used it and i got 10 bass in the first 13 casts!
~fff ~cf ~gf ~fff ~cf ~gf ~fff ~cf ~gf ~fff ~cf ~gf ~fff ~cf ~gf ~fff ~cf ~gf ~fff ~cf ~gf ~fff ~cf ~gf

larrylargemouth

Welcome to Ultimate Bass #1Bassmaster!  My vote goes to the brown combo.  It is one color I always have tied on in the fall whether it be a worm, jig or crankbait.   ~fff

pawpaw

Eh, is this a trick question? I would never use less than 4 hooks in my purple worms. :-\
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

blake711

Quote from: pawpaw on October 05, 2008, 10:00:47 PM
Eh, is this a trick question? I would never use less than 4 hooks in my purple worms. :-\
I agree pawpaw.. 

kickurbass

It is a trick question because it all depends on what weight class your going for.
For instance, if your hunting for a 6lb hog, you need to use 6 hooks. Duh?
When I was a youngster, I used 1 hook. I have now graduated to 3-5 hooks. I'm kinda of a pessimist for not making 6 hooks my normal choice figuring that the majority of my fish will be 3-5 lbs. :(
Fishing memories with dad.
NOTHING BEATS IT!

whoppy1

kickurbass your inbox is full !

avid

welcome #1bassmaster.
I think some of the guys are having a little fun with  a newb to the forum.
purple or brown?   three hooks?
how about dark with one hook?
throw it in front of a bass with some practiced skill and he will likely bite it.
If you are catching bream on a regular basis your pan fishing.
So many lures, so little time.

javelin225ho

Will, there are tons of info here, it keeps the newbie to the pro learning everyday.  Those 3 hook worms, i haven't seen them in a long time, might be the ticket that fish haven't seen.  it just might be the key. 

I stick with a Texas rigged worm with a Extra Wide Gap (EWG) hook. 

TightLinez

I've had luck on big 10" worms on EWG hooks and 5-6" worms on the shaky head. The bass seem to like stuff BIG and SLOW when the temps start to drop. Good fishing there bassmaster. ~cf

avid

Quote from: TightLinez on October 10, 2008, 03:12:49 AM
I've had luck on big 10" worms on EWG hooks and 5-6" worms on the shaky head. The bass seem to like stuff BIG and SLOW when the temps start to drop.

Yup.
They're female alright.  :terrier:

So many lures, so little time.

nicknick_78

You have to be careful.  In my state (Indiana,) The D.N.R. only allows three hooks per single line.  I'm not sure exactly what it is, but there is also a limit on distance between hooks on a trot line.  That's neither here nor there, my point being that you must check your local state regulation to see if there is a limit as to how many hooks you may have in one lure.  I would hate to see anyone be disqualified for a state record over a technicality such as number of hooks used.
Nick

LIMIT-GRINDER

Can't pick either selection........ bass school in the fall and chase shad up in creeks.. they circle the wagon so to speak.......

A shallow running crank or even better a popper or Zara spook really packs a punch in the fall...........

Swede

I like whatever the bass like and black grape or purple as some like to call it is the color of choice around here for me.  Keep listening to them bass - and you will be sitting in one of them pro boats one day ~gf
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts