Booyah Boogee Bait vs Vibra Shock

Started by ʇuǝɹq™, January 14, 2009, 04:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ʇuǝɹq™

I see a lot of you guys have opinions on the original chatterbait.  I would like to hear some opinions on the Booyah compared to the chatterbait and vibra shock.  Keep in mind I dont fish the baits very often. 

Thanks.

Buzbait88

I've never used the boogie bait before, but alot of the reason the vibrashock is so good is because the blade hits the head.  IMO this is a huge feature that makes fish target the front of the bait rather than the back and that is why the vibrashock has such a good hook up ratio.  It looks like the boogie bait might hit the head, but without a football head I don't think it will.  It creates a bit of a rattle almost.  kind of similar to that of a one knocker or some of the newer lipless cranks coming out with only 1 large bb instead of several smaller ones.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

docav

without ever having fished the Vibra Shock i will say its better than the Boogee Bait. i tried the BB and had big problems with it. the hooks rusted in less than week of buying them, the wire thing that is supposed to keep the fish from throwing the hook doesnt work and the skirt fell apart within 20 cast on one. i got 3 of them and had them for less than 2 weeks before they fell apart. doug

afroman5015

honestly ive never caught a bass off of anything like the chatterbait ive got a few booyahs sittin in my box as we speak but it seems others have had great success

Buzbait88

Quote from: docav on January 14, 2009, 04:35:31 PM
without ever having fished the Vibra Shock i will say its better than the Boogee Bait. i tried the BB and had big problems with it. the hooks rusted in less than week of buying them, the wire thing that is supposed to keep the fish from throwing the hook doesnt work and the skirt fell apart within 20 cast on one. i got 3 of them and had them for less than 2 weeks before they fell apart. doug

I was wondering about the wire that the blade is attached to.  It looks weak and if it bends at all it doesn't look like the bait would work at all.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

ʇuǝɹq™

I've used the vibrashock and chatterbait a few times, but the damn mudfish always destroyed them.  I honestly didn't see a difference in catchability in the two when it came to bass before the evil bowfin fricked them up.

-Shawn-

There is a Big difference for me.  The thump is a huge difference.

TightLinez

Never used the BB, and I don't have a reason to with all the VS I have! The leverage system hook you are talking about is a nice concept, but I haven't caught enough fish on my Bi-You Buzz to determine if it works or not..... :-\

Baron49

Can't say anything about the Vibra Shock as I have yet to fish one. 

The Boogiebait on the other hand has provided me a great deal of success for both Largemouths and Smallmouths.  The blade is solid and does not bend like other blade baits that use thin metal in their blades. 
The hook is strong, but needs to be sharpened due to a galvanized coating on the metal.   The hook is welded to a piece of flexible stainless steel wire.  Not sure if it helps stop the fish from throwing the bait, but have not lost many fish since switching over to it.  The hook sits further back on the bait so there is little need of a trailer hook.  The big deal for me is the narrow head design, it helps the bait come through the weeds easily.  The blades are interchangeable and have yet to have a problem with wire clip that the blade oscillates back and forth on.  The paint on the head will chip away from the constant pounding of the blade hitting the head, but I assume this is part of the attraction for the fish.

Started using them a couple years ago and have acquired quite a few of them.  Never had any rusted hook problems, the skirts have held up well, did have the rubber band on one skirt start to deteriorate after using it for close to a year and put a small cable tie on it.  Everyone seems to be throwing spinner baits on my home waters I found fishing a Boogiebait right behind them I could catch fish that either ignored or have gotten conditioned to a spinnerbait.  Used as a search bait it did quite well in Florida the past couple years as well.

Slow rolling the Boogie bait on either 17 lb Trilene XT or 30 pound Power Pro braid when in thick weeds has worked the best.  Lifting and allowing the lure to fall on a tight line has produced some good fish.  Tried buzzing it over the tops of weed beds and along lily pads with limited success as well.

beast96z

I've got all 3 but haven't touched the chatters or BB's since I got the shocks. With that said, I never had any trouble with the others..... I just have better luck with the shocks.

topcat

I have all three of the lures and I have caught fish on all three lures....the Vibra Shocks just make a louder noise and I don't miss fish on them and the hooks are very sharp.....Do the other lures work yes they do.....but they are not built as well and I do miss fish with them.....

Topcat

Dug

I have tried all three plus other versions.  Here is my thoughts:

Original Chatterbait and the BB aren't as tough as the Vibrashock, the blades are thinner and prone to bending on the CB and the BB skirts will fall apart after awhile.

The chatter Movement side to side is a little stronger with the vibrashock as the football head getting click clacked by the blade seems to add something to it.   Now this causes the paint to get chipped on the jighead, which to me gets the vibrashock broken in just right, the chipped paint giving the lure "eyes"  The motion of the boogie Bait and the chatter bait is not this extreme.

I like the fact that the Karu Vibrashock gives you so many color choices, and while I like the size options, I wished they came in the small 1/8  and 1/4 oz size that Booyah does.  The small size is a great option for hard to catch days and the white   1/4 oz BB is a great crappie lure.   haven't tried the 1/8 oz yet, but probably will this year.

BB 4 sizes 1/8 - 1/2 oz in 10 colors....
Karu vibrashock - 4 sizes 3/8 - 3/4 in 24 colors  1oz in 11 colors.
Chatterbait - great assortment of different jig heads in 7 colors and 6 sizes, also an assortment of other lure types on a blade.  I guess where the lack in quality they make up in quantity of choices.

The other big plus in my opinion is I can talk to either owner of the KaRu line, where I can't easily do that with the other 2, plus Price...
cost of a 1/2 oz

Chatterbait - 6.99
Booyah Boogie - 6.89
KaRu Vibrashock - 5.59

So for 40 bucks you can get 5 chatterbaits or 7 vibrashocks..... !

Hope this helps.

Dug
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.

Buzbait88

THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

Jared

The Chatterbait has caught me better Quality fish but the Vibrashock has caught me more fish. Also the skirt came off after the second fish with the Chatterbait. Chatterbait is just a gimic really. The quality of the baits suck! The Vibrashock is well made and the skirt is more durable. IMO Pick the vibrashock. ;)
Jared Rascoe-Minda Lures Pro-Staff
Stanley Lures Jr. Field Staff

pawpaw

I have tried all three with varrying success. I caught several fish on the origional but I did have problems with the blade pulling off. I have had good luck with the vibrashock but I still loose a fish now and then. I really haven't got many bites on the Booyah but I probably haven't fished it in the right places. I really don't see anything cheap about it, I think it should work well in clearer water and around grass. Most of the water I fish is stained with little or no grass so I fish the vibrashock most of the time. It is my favorite night-early morning bait. I am trying to decide if I am going to loose more fish on mono or braid. Just about everybody says fish it on braid but I feel like I may be taking it away from them. Farther test are in order.
I don't mind not knowing all the answers, but I keep forgeting the danged questions.

snapper G

Don't you think this should be a poll?

ʇuǝɹq™

Quote from: snapper G on January 15, 2009, 07:36:59 PM
Don't you think this should be a poll?

I thought about that, but since probably 60% of the board has Karu in their signatures, the poll would be pretty dang lopsided IMO, and I just wanted to know what people thought about the Boogee Bait.