Flippin Hooks

Started by ʇuǝɹq™, April 01, 2009, 10:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Shawn-

I looked over our sponsor sites several times now and I can't find the BMF on any of them.

gatrboy52

for those who havent tried it.snelling the starit shank hooks helps temendously on the hookset.it causes the hook to flip 90deg.and will result in the hook penetrating farther back in the mouth.just be sure to come in from the point side w/ line so it flips point up.i use a uni-knot around the shaft w/ 5 turns.i also put a spot of glue on wrap

beast96z

Quote from: Fogy on April 02, 2009, 11:55:41 AM
beast96z the BMF in size 3/0 can be use on a sweet beaver but if you use a KaRu weight and sink the bait keeper in the plastic you will need to insert the hook straight in the back side of the beaver between the tails.  ~shhh

Can you still T-rig them? I'm assuming you can cause you fish the same waters as me and exposed hook fishing is for the birds around here. lo I used the trick you stated above when I was using the florida rig weights and smallie beavers. Works good, but you will go through some plastics.

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: -Shawn- on April 03, 2009, 10:28:12 AM
I looked over our sponsor sites several times now and I can't find the BMF on any of them.

~b~  Thats what I said yesterday   ~roflmao

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: mlakrid on April 03, 2009, 09:15:06 AM
Fogy,

Since you use Owner Hooks, or did I guess... have you tried the straight shank owners or the widegap straight shank? Seems extremely similar to me...

I have tried many other hooks, and qualitywise no other hooks come very close for me...

Thanks!

Mike A!

Mike I still use owner hooks and like them for everything but my style of flipping.  Have yet to use their straight shank hook because I can't find them localy.  The thing is I started using the BMF hook for flipping but like them so much it's now the 1st hook I put on for everything but wacky rigs.

bnash

~cf
I love these hooks, but I have a problem ripping the nose of the beavers on every hookset.  At the moment i pull the eyelet all the way through the plastic and pull it tight with the line and weight, hence the ripping of the nose, but when i rig it the other way, my hook sets were off to the side instead of straight up.

So, what is the best way to rig this truly awesome hook?