lake suggestions

Started by Buzbait88, September 22, 2010, 08:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzbait88

Lets get some ideas on some lakes up here so we can have a poll and everyone vote.  Lets try to keep this simple.  Just the name of the lake and location so that I don't have to sift through 100's of posts to create a poll and if one has already been listed please do not relist.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

Lipripper

Mississippi River pool 13  ;D  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Buzbait88

Madison Chain WI.  Looks like it would be fun.  Could be a long trip for some of the members.  I was hoping to go south to help some of the other members.  Eric and his dad have driven North aways for the last couple years and it would be nice to go closer to them.  Plus I think Camden is from Missouri so that would help him also
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

gdaddybassmaster

DBrooke

Yeah, hey Camden what you got down there that has some camping or hotels near by? Or we could all crash in your yard!
This section under construction.

DBrooke

I'd throw out a lake but I don't frequent big water to often.

Camden

i got a big yard DB but it still a drive to get to the decent size lakes. i have a couple ideas for some in northern missouri that i have been wanting to try out. just wanting to make sure they are big enough for a rally. lo

DBrooke

Well based on last years turn out, we could have had it in my local strip mines. lo

Camden

there is an idea lo i never fished one of those

gdaddybassmaster

Prairie du chein WI pool 9 and 10 as well is a good one!

GD

bassn1

Pool 9 Great little smallmouth factory. Smithville Lake, Smithville Mo. Mozingo lake, Maryville, Mo.
Have fished all three All have Camping onsite and Motels close. But, since I have changed jobs I am up for some traveling. Pool 9 4hrs. Mozingo 3hrs. Smithville 4 hrs.

No matter where we decide traveling will be in order for this fisherman and his daughter.

"Success is a Journey. Not a destination".

DBrooke

We're hoping to keep it somewhat south this year so more people can make it. I think if we start moving to far North less guys will want to make the drive.

bassn1

Okay. How many states are we including? IL,IA,MO,WI, ??????

DBrooke

Well Technically, they can come from where ever but yeah thats pretty much the list I think.

bassn1

Sorta leaves me at a loss for any other centering place besides the Ole Miss? There may be a lake within an hour of the river that can accomadate us. Will do some searching. What about the rest of you guys. What are your thoughts? Everyone should be involved?

bassn1

Camden

i would love mozingo lake. its only like a hour and half from me. lo im gonna hve to find the name of that one n iowa i was looking at.

jfly

If you haven't already picked a location, I suggest Table Rock or Truman Reservoir.  Both are excellent fisheries and have tons of campground and hotels near by.

Camden

i would love truman but some of the northern guys would be looking at around 10 hour drive. might be a litle far for them. only 2 hours for me and i have a place there. lo

DBrooke

almost 8 hours from me

Camden, you're 6 hrs 45 mins from me lo

Camden

yea i just map quested your place the other day and thats about what it said. been trying to figure out when im gonna make the drive up. lo

i found a lake in southern iowa but cant remember or pronounce the name. lo

bassn1

Quote from: Camden on February 23, 2011, 05:24:51 PM
yea i just map quested your place the other day and thats about what it said. been trying to figure out when im gonna make the drive up. lo

i found a lake in southern iowa but cant remember or pronounce the name. lo

Camden, Approx. Where is this Iowa lake?

DBrooke

Camden

about an hour north of state line if i remember right. i think it was like an indian name let me see if i can find it again.

DBrooke

Oh the heck with it, I say we fish Braidwood/Mazonia SFWA here in IL

Braidwood Lake 2600 acres
Mazonia 8 smaller lakes with boat ramps

Did I mention it's 10 mins from my house?  ;D