Okuma

Started by duke13372, June 15, 2011, 06:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duke13372

I purchased a couple of Okuma's over the past couple of months.  They were never to the water so my comments are related to casting only.  One was an older model V-system with the centrifugal braking system with two spools.  I am wondering if I was using the wrong spool for the type of line I was using.  The 20 pound Berkley XL was giving me some issues with the cast.  I never tried the deep spool with this line.  I found it to be a pretty nice reel.  The same with the Citrix from Okuma.  It was a nice looking reel and very light.   It casted well but the braking system was loud and as many have mentioned not as adjustable as I would have liked or should I say what I'm accustomed to.  I contacted the Okuma people on two occasions and they were "johnny on the spot".  As far as customer communication, this was very important to me.   That is the first step in customer service.  I have also been told that they will have new models with different braking systems.  It will be interesting what they have at Icast this summer.

Mike Cork

I have used the cayenne and the citrix and loved them both. While the feel of the reel is a little different for me as I am a shimano user for the most part the reels have been outstanding.  They have been durable (unfortunately I abuse my equipment :surrender: ) casting has been a dream.  I haven't had any noise issues that you have, hopefully that has been corrected for you.

The reels I am using have the new cast control system and it's very effective and has been very easy to work with. :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service