Another Korea fisherman!

Started by BullridinGI, May 01, 2012, 09:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BullridinGI

My name is Tony, I am originally from Alabama and stationed in Korea with the army. I am located at Camp Humphreys, so if there is anyone interested in hitting the water, let me know. Here with the family, so not as flexible as a lot of others, but fishing is a passion of mine, and one of the only ways I can actually feel relaxed so the wife understands. I am interested in all types of fishing, but mainly bass. I would like to target some giant snakehead while I am here though.  I want to get into some of the tournaments they have here, to get my feet wet and be ready for tournament action when I go back stateside. I am also looking at starting to make soft plastics myself, so once that gets started, it would be interesting to get some feedback on designs (not looking to make a profit on it yet, just a time killer and eventual money saver and will be just learning). Like I said if anyone ever wants to go, pm me and we can try to plan a day. I am by no means a pro and I am always wanting to learn more!

Donald Garner

BullridingGI

Welcome to UltimateBass we're glad you're here ~c~

Jump over to the UB International Fishing section; theres where most of the deploy guys hang out.
You can also contact Bassinkorea and he'll provide you with all the bass fishing in's and outs ~read.

Thanks for your service to our Great Nation ~flag 
I was stationed over there @ Camp Hovey near the DMZ 77-78 ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bigwrench

Welcome aboard ! Camp Pelham 2nd ID , 1/4 FAR 89-91. Spent several months on 4 papa 3 fire base  on the DMZ while there! Thank you for your service !

Please do not use Outdoor Hub Mobile, Please find and use TapaTalk for your phone
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

revs2ninegrand

Welcome aboard! There's a tourney by you this Sunday that's posted in the international forum. I won't be able to make it this time but I'll be up there for the next one. If you ever make it down near Daegu feel free to PM me! Found a few pretty good spots here
"If you're not first, you're last" - Ricky Bobby

Smallie_Stalker

Hey BullridingGI, welcome to Ultimate Bass. Glad to have you here. Be sure to check out the section of the forum boards called Tackle Box. You will find a lot of great info. and tips on making lures of all kinds. Thank you for your service to our country  ~flag I look forward to seeing you around the boards and once again Welcome !
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

bucketsofbass

Headed to Camp Humphreys soon and was wondering if any of the laws or requirements have changed from what I read on prior posts dated 2012?  Apparently Pyungteak River is good for bass fishing... What other recommendations for fishing would you suggest? I have thought about some ocean fishing, has anyone had an experience with ocean charters or guides? TIA

Lipripper

Quote from: bucketsofbass on June 01, 2017, 01:37:43 PM
Headed to Camp Humphreys soon and was wondering if any of the laws or requirements have changed from what I read on prior posts dated 2012?  Apparently Pyungteak River is good for bass fishing... What other recommendations for fishing would you suggest? I have thought about some ocean fishing, has anyone had an experience with ocean charters or guides? TIA
and to Ultimate Bass get in touch with Bassinkorea (Steve) he should be able to help you out. If he don't see this I will let him know to get in touch with you. Make yourself right at  :)hsh: and be sure to stop back by when you get over there and post some fishing reports with some  ;PHO)

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome to UB!! The UB gang in Korea is growing!!  ~c~

zippyduck

Welcome to UB and thank you for your service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Bassinkorea

Quote from: bucketsofbass on June 01, 2017, 01:37:43 PM

Welcome the Korea and UB.com bucketsofbass  ~c~

The river at Pyeongtaek is still fishing well from the reports I have seen. No new rules that I know, just go to the river and start fishing.
As for sea fishing, I don't know any info about that. Best thing to do is to watch the fishing TV channel (FTV) on the Korean TV once you get here.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

FISH520

Welcome sir and thank you!!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

West6550

Welcome aboard man and thanks for you service!

Good luck out there!