new 2012 nitro z6 maintenance and care

Started by junyaah, June 09, 2012, 09:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junyaah

I just got a 2012 nitro z6, my first bass boat.  I would like to keep this boat for a long time, so my question is what type of routine maintanence is needed?  Any help is very appreciated.  Thanks.   v~

Donald Garner

I'd follow the maintenance schedule the dealership should have provide you.  Make sure you follow the break in procedures for the motor.  Failure to do this could cost you some $$$$ down the line.

If you bought this from another individual then I'd make sure all the fluid levels are at their proper levels IE Power Trim and Tilt; Hydraulic Steering; Oil Injection holding tank under the back deck is full; Axle bearing on the trailer are properly packed with grease and the "Bearing Buddies" have grease in them also; Batteries are full and properly charged up.  Make a visual check on the engine to ensure all the grease fitting are present and operational.

If you're into washing and waxing your boat make sure you have a good quality cleaner and wax.  Make sure you have a good boat cover also.  Keeping the boat garage kept is a great thing but if its not then a good cover is a must.

Good luck with your new boat.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

junyaah

I bought it from bass pro shops, they are in the process of prepping it for me.  I have yet to take possession of it.  I am so excited as to owning a bass boat has been a dream of mine since i was able to cast.  I just want to be prepared for when i go pick it up next week.  And best believe this boat will be babied.  I plan on getting a good cover. I know i need to get life jackets and a few other things, are there any other things u would recommend?

West6550

Check your state Fish & Wildlife site. Tells you what life jackets, extinguisher and things like that. It also has some basic things you should carry.. i.e basic tools, extra fuses..etc..etc